Notices

Cabin Door

Old 02-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Cabin Door

Originally Posted by Scott
Although the loose screws (should re-tap and use loc-tite) should not happen. He or any performance boater should not run with a sliding cabin door closed. This puts way too much stress on the door and lock area (prone to cracking)
Thanks. I will relay this to him and hopefully this will resolve his problem.

You mentioned that performance boat doors should always be left in the open position to reduce the amount of stress. How about if the door swings open, not on slider? Would you still recommend keeping it open while cruising then or should it be closed? I had always been told to keep it closed to eliminate stress and possibly swing close and damage.

We will re-tap and loctite his screws soon as weather permits. Thanks again!
Old 02-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Registered

Default Re: Cabin Door

I agree with Mactimes earlier post concerning performance figures on the 300 Revenge. I have owned mine for two years now. We always run with the door in the open and latched position (or totally closed). I have never had it come off track yet. Looking into where the door is stored, I am concerned about stuff, junk, dirt etc getting into the track and being almost impossible to clean out. Thanks to this discussion, I will investigate a latch for the top of the door and will be looking at the screws real close.

As for the rest of Mactime's friends Revenge problems, I agree with Mig, probably the environment. We boat on a Corp lake and it is positioned predominately north and south, so it is rough a lot but not normally more that a foot or two. However, I have ALWAYS made sure the door was open and latched or closed and secured. It never is left to slide by itself.

On another note, we are having some scratches fixed today.....boy is this going to be an expensive day!!! Ouch.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Registered

Re: Cabin Door

Originally Posted by Dave98
I agree with Mactimes earlier post concerning performance figures on the 300 Revenge. I have owned mine for two years now. We always run with the door in the open and latched position (or totally closed). I have never had it come off track yet. Looking into where the door is stored, I am concerned about stuff, junk, dirt etc getting into the track and being almost impossible to clean out. Thanks to this discussion, I will investigate a latch for the top of the door and will be looking at the screws real close.

As for the rest of Mactime's friends Revenge problems, I agree with Mig, probably the environment. We boat on a Corp lake and it is positioned predominately north and south, so it is rough a lot but not normally more that a foot or two. However, I have ALWAYS made sure the door was open and latched or closed and secured. It never is left to slide by itself.

On another note, we are having some scratches fixed today.....boy is this going to be an expensive day!!! Ouch.
What power do have and speeds are you seeing with your 300 revenge? Let's see some pictures.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MACTIME
Thanks. I will relay this to him and hopefully this will resolve his problem.

You mentioned that performance boat doors should always be left in the open position to reduce the amount of stress. How about if the door swings open, not on slider? Would you still recommend keeping it open while cruising then or should it be closed? I had always been told to keep it closed to eliminate stress and possibly swing close and damage.

We will re-tap and loctite his screws soon as weather permits. Thanks again!
No I was talking about sliders like Formula,PQ and others use. The split swing doors should be closed like Fountain uses.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Registered

Mactime, We have run 78 and some change when prop testing. I have the props away getting worked on right now and the first report was one was slightly deformed(?). Never heard of that. It is interesting to note that one engine always turned about 100-150 more RPM. I cannot wait to test again.

Here is a picture of our boat:
Attached Thumbnails Cabin Door-10030010.jpg  
Old 06-27-2006, 06:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MK
Called these guys yesterday for door parts. Very helpful and had just what I needed to replace upper glides for a 97 Avenger. Thanks for the link MK
Old 04-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

TTT

I have finally started this project. Last year I had to quit boating projects do to a move that ended up happening in July (man did that suck)

Anyway I cut the hole giving me full access to the area behind the helm. I'm thinking of just using 4200 to fasten the rear track and hold the front in with longer screws through the back of the channel. This way I can still replace or repair the door glides if they fail.

I did have a long talk with Dennis (the guy from the company that made it) He pulled out the drawings and I could tell he was not at all happy with the two piece track design not to mention their fastening system. Very helpful and ready to send parts if needed.

If anyone has some input or experience with this Speak up!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott, Did you cut your access hole through the storage locker inside the cabin??
Old 04-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the door that came with my 96 was junk. factory said they changed doors. I switched mine to the new version door they were using before they shutdown and it has held up much better then the pos that came with it.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
Scott, Did you cut your access hole through the storage locker inside the cabin??
Inside the head behind the helm

Quick Reply: Cabin Door

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.