Notices

Cabin Door

Old 04-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will try replacing/tighting my glides on my cabin door. I bought replacement glides from alum 2000.My door seems to slide and work fine but it is a little rattily when its open while running.I am also going to make something to secure the door at the top when its in the open position. Right now it just has a lever you flip back and forth at the bottom to keep the door from sliding closed. This to could probably be improved to more securely hold the door with no movement.I heard some door tracks are one piece and others are two. I dont have access to my boat yet but where do you look to see if your door tracks are two piece?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny b good
I will try replacing/tighting my glides on my cabin door. I bought replacement glides from alum 2000.My door seems to slide and work fine but it is a little rattily when its open while running.I am also going to make something to secure the door at the top when its in the open position. Right now it just has a lever you flip back and forth at the bottom to keep the door from sliding closed. This to could probably be improved to more securely hold the door with no movement.I heard some door tracks are one piece and others are two. I dont have access to my boat yet but where do you look to see if your door tracks are two piece?
I would guess it's two pieces since mine is a 98 and thats what I have. You can remove the front track insert and it should have a couple access holes in it. You have to slide the door and pick it up on one corner while lining up the holes in the track with the slider
Confused? This is not easy but you will see what I'm talking about when you start the job. I ended up using a couple size larger sheet metal type screws with lock-tite to hold the slide on the door. This worked out fine and I never had the slide come loose after that. The track was the problem.
BTW you wont need new slides my guess is the screws holding them in are loose. I'm leaving my old slides installed because they are worn and hopefully will slide better between the two tracks.

Still pisses me off that I have to do this! Can't believe someone was arrogant enough to think it would not break especially the way the track insert was mounted through the top.

One more thought I do realize my boat is coming up on 10years now but this has been a battle for the last 8
Old 04-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

Buy a new boat! Cheap azz.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott
I would guess it's two pieces since mine is a 98 and thats what I have. You can remove the front track insert and it should have a couple access holes in it. You have to slide the door and pick it up on one corner while lining up the holes in the track with the slider
Confused? This is not easy but you will see what I'm talking about when you start the job. I ended up using a couple size larger sheet metal type screws with lock-tite to hold the slide on the door. This worked out fine and I never had the slide come loose after that. The track was the problem.
BTW you wont need new slides my guess is the screws holding them in are loose. I'm leaving my old slides installed because they are worn and hopefully will slide better between the two tracks.

Still pisses me off that I have to do this! Can't believe someone was arrogant enough to think it would not break especially the way the track insert was mounted through the top.

One more thought I do realize my boat is coming up on 10years now but this has been a battle for the last 8
Thanks for the info, can't wait to start working on it ................NOT!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Originally Posted by jmackin
Buy a new boat! Cheap azz.
At least I have a boat!

Actually I've been kicking it around but have no clue what to look at that would work for weekending and have the speed that I have??

BTW I'm too busy buying Tractors and farm stuff!

Last edited by Scott; 04-12-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scott
At least I have a boat!

Actually I've been kicking it around but have no clue what to look at that would work for weekending and have the speed that I have??

BTW I'm too busy buying Tractors and farm stuff!
Thanks for reminding me.
I spent last sunday on a 50 nortech V w/ triple 1000hp! Cabin is huge & ride was incredible. If I had your money I'd buy one.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Originally Posted by jmackin
Thanks for reminding me.
I spent last sunday on a 50 nortech V w/ triple 1000hp! Cabin is huge & ride was incredible. If I had your money I'd buy one.
That may be the only option I would be 100% happy with. Oh well guess I better hang on to the PQ my pockets don't go that deep

Hope all is well, please tell Leanne (sp) we said hi. What month do you become Papa J.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered

Any day now.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

I finally have a tested/working fix for the cabin door bottom track!

If you still have this problem and want it resolved I have the solution!
so nice finally having an easy sliding door without the complicated double track and flimsy fastening.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 110 Posts

how did you fix it???

Quick Reply: Cabin Door

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.