Trim Tab Suggestions?? >

Trim Tab Suggestions??

Notices

Trim Tab Suggestions??

Old 02-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Trim Tab Suggestions??

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK ON TRIM TABS FOR 99 29 ENTICER. MY BOAT HAS INSTA TRIM (I BELIEVE 12"X12"). MY QUESTION IS WHAT CAN I UPGRADE TO, TO GET THE BEST PERFORMANCE/CONTROL? I SEE MANY DIFFERENT SIZES AND BRANDS. LOOKING FOR BEST $$ AND PERFORMANCE. ALSO I NOW HAVE AN ELECTRONIC DISPLAY TAB INDICATOR AND AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED IT'S USELESS WHEN YOU CANNOT SEE THE DISPLAY WITH THE SUN BLARING DOWN ON IT. THE MECHANICAL INDICATORS I WOULD ASSUME ARE THE WAY TO GO. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON MOUNTING LOCATION ? DASH ROOM IS LIMITED. ANY PICS OF THEIR UPGRADES WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. JEFF
Old 02-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Registered

Default Re: Trim Tab Suggestions??

I was looking into different tabs when I had my 29 too. I found Victory, I think thats the name, made a nice upgrade that just bolted on to what you currently have. They were way cheeper than adding K-planes and I thought were about the same size. As far as the electronic tab display, it is totaly usless, unless its dark out. Again, I had the same complaint, I would add mechanical tab indicators if the cost is not too bad, I thought it was pretty expensive though. I wonder if you can add a guage, like drive height guage, that would use the same hook up at the tabs?
Hope this helps.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at Victory tabs to put on my 26 but ended up getting a much better deal through insta-trim on a larger set that used the same holes. I believe the Victory tabs were in the $500 to $600 range. Any color and very nice looking.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Registered

Fast Forward,
What Size Did You Get?? I See Insta Trim Will Make Different Sizes On Request. Are They Tapered? I Was Looking To Get At Least 12" Wide 19" Long And Taper To About 8". Thanks For All The Feedback
Old 02-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Registered

I'll have to double check. There in hiding at the office right now. It's that you spent how much on that boat thing right now. What can I say it's winter time and I've got time to think and shop! Anyhow I think there 16" or 18" and yes they are tappered. When I called insta trim for them they gave me a price of $500. I called him and told him I'd pass and that Victory would do colors for about the same. He than wanted me to make an offer so I offered $300 with shipping and he took it. There pretty heavy duty made from 1/4" stainless stock.
When I get to the office I'll measure them and confirm the size.

Last edited by Fast Forward; 02-06-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Registered

The tabs I picked up are 15" long, 12" wide at the transom mount and tapper to 9" wide at the end. Pending your bolt pattern they may make larger ones that will work? It would be worth a call. If not the Victories look awsome, jus a little more $$$. Here's a pic of the tab.
Attached Thumbnails Trim Tab Suggestions??-tabs-002.jpg  
Old 02-08-2006, 01:31 AM
Registered

Tabs Look Great. I Think My Bolt Pattern Is The Same. I'll Give Insta Trim A Call. Aren't The Victory Tabs Made By Martini Boat? Are They Still In Business ?
Old 02-08-2006, 05:36 AM
Registered

You are correct, and yes there still in business. If you check the classified section you'll find him there and can drop Brian an e-mail.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Sadly Brian passed away .I think his brother might take the company over.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Registered

What I recall a while back that he was missing. Never heard the story behind it. That's to bad seemed to be a nice guy. I talked with him a couple times.

Quick Reply: Trim Tab Suggestions??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.