New prop results are in!!! >

New prop results are in!!!

Notices

New prop results are in!!!

Old 03-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New prop results are in!!!

I went to the lake again today after receiving my new prop(26p). My rpm's went down (which I figured) to 4800-4900. My speeds went up to 65.7GPS (which I figured). The funny thing is when I went to trim out (even a little) the boat started to bow steer. the water was very sticky (flat...no chop at ALL) and the bow just didn't want to come out of the water. It felt like the transom was almost lifting??? Weired....

I figure i will put the stereo and 4 additional batteries in, full the cooler with beer and put some gas in it and a few honeys and see what happens.

Penny for your thoughts.

Ryan

P.S. i got my drive shower and 4" tips in the Big Brown truck today! I love my UPS driver...She is HOT and always brings me goodies!!!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Registered

Default Re: New prop results are in!!!

You never mentioned what type of prop you were using. What slider says is correct, a p5-x should give you more bow lift. I have two p5-x' s on my 380 which were the single largest improvement. I highly recommend.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I second that....what type of prop? Bow steer from trimming out? That doesn't make sense. Normally you get bow steer from too much positive tab.

Details man, we need details.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Registered

ok details.
I was running a 24P Bravo 1 4 blade and hit the limiter. So i stepped up to a 26P Bravo 1. Now what is happening is when I trim up even 1/8 to 1/4 the bow takes a dip to the right real bad.

Now I have to be honest...I have only about 25 gallons of gas, no beer and 1 passenger. I think What I will do is wait till summer and load up all of beer, friends and gas and see what happens.

A big factor is that it WILL be 120+ degrees this summer.

Last edited by littlejake; 03-04-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Smile Re: New prop results are in!!!

I am a new owner of a 95 380 avenger, 502 efi. I bought it with out any props on it, thus I am looking for a little direction, any advice? I was thinking bravo I 24 or 26 pitch?? Any help would be great, hopefully it will be in the water next week.

Tim
Old 05-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TCH6868
I am a new owner of a 95 380 avenger, 502 efi. I bought it with out any props on it, thus I am looking for a little direction, any advice? I was thinking bravo I 24 or 26 pitch?? Any help would be great, hopefully it will be in the water next week.

Tim
I have a 2000 Avenger with 502s and B-1s and run 28 pitch lab finished Bravo ones, but I have a step hull too. Hope that helps. I would think 26s or 28s would be a good place to start.

By the way.................. CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW RIDE!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ryan, What prop did you have on the boat prior??? I have a 26 which runs a re-worked Mirage Plus 23p. I bought a labbed finished Bravo 1 4 blade last year for my boat and had similar results. She spun up fast and was unbelievable out of the hole. However at say 35mph and higher it was like I lost all control. I'm not sure on the 28 but nearest I could figure was that the 4 blade simply gave to much lift in the stern . PQ told me they were putting bravo 1's on some of the new boats, however I never talked with a dealer that had one with anything but a mirage plus. So to be honest I think that info was incorrect. Myself I'd much rather have a better handling boat over the extra 1-2mph.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Registered

Usually a single will dip to the left due to the prop tq.Dipping to the right is ? I have a 280 with a stock 28 B1.Normal trim is between 4-5 on the trim indicator,depending on speed.BOB
Old 08-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by migpilot
You never mentioned what type of prop you were using. What slider says is correct, a p5-x should give you more bow lift. I have two p5-x' s on my 380 which were the single largest improvement. I highly recommend.
Mig
I'm trying out a set of p5x as soon as they get here it will be interesting to find out the results, I'll let you all know soon.

Rich.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
Mig
I'm trying out a set of p5x as soon as they get here it will be interesting to find out the results, I'll let you all know soon.

Rich.
Hope you have good luck with these. With our limited testing on the F4 the maximus is carrying the nose better than the P5. But every hull is different, and I need to stress LIMITED testing. Appears we will probably end up with a labbed 32 maximus, labbed by either merc or BBLADES. Will let you know where we land. If you are still looking in a month you are more than welcom to try them.

Quick Reply: New prop results are in!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.