A little help please???? >

A little help please????

Notices

A little help please????

Old 03-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little help please????

This is going to sound silly but in my 2002 280...I have an outlet, microwave, fridge, porta-potty, and sink. I have no idea how to turn the micro on or the outlet. now I do have an inverter in the engine compartment that is also a battery charger, but has no switch to turn it on. If you look at the picture you will see the breakers are all good. The fridge and water pump were no problem there are switches on the dash for them. Do I need to have shore power plugged in for these items to work??? It doesn't make sense. I looked around in the engine compartment and could not find a switch. All the breakers in the engine were good as well.
Attached Thumbnails A little help please????-cabin.jpg  
Old 03-19-2006, 09:10 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: A little help please????

You need to connect your boat to shore (110) power. There should be a covered connector on the side of your boat. It will take a 30 amp 3 prong shore power line. There are also converter that will allow you to go from 3 prong marine power to the normal style that plugs into any receptical that you are used to.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 03-20-2006, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through the same thing when I bought my cruiser. I had more switches then a house
Old 03-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Registered

plug her in and you will be all set!!
how warm is it there?
Old 03-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Registered

So if I am understanding all of you correctly....the micro and outlet will only work if I am plugged into shore power? So much for spending the night in the cove. Has any one installed an inverter that will still work with shore power? So if I were on the lake the inverter would work and if I went to the marina the shore power would work and I could shut the inverter off?
Old 03-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

If the inverter puts out enough power you should be able to run your microwave off of it.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Registered

It has been an awful long time since I thought about electricity.....so please, if I am wrong, someone correct me.

Jake, I checked a small 1100 watt cooking power microwave. It draws about 13.3 amps. At 115 volts it will be consuming about 1529 watts. My experience with the blender on my boat, you will want to super-size it by 20% or so. I am guessing again that a 1800 to 2000 watt inverter would power it off your boat batteries pretty easy. I intially bought an inverter that was just barely larger than the input power requirements for our blender and it would frequently kick the breaker upon turn-on.