290 adding pump out head? >

290 adding pump out head?

Notices

290 adding pump out head?

Old 04-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 290 adding pump out head?

I have every option except a pump out head.

Does anyone know what is involved in adding / changing my exisiting one it o a pump ot, so i can just pull up t the marina instead of toting the base to the toilet

Thanks

Christian
Old 04-30-2006, 06:34 AM
Registered

Default Re: 290 adding pump out head?

I had a 29 with a pump out and all you need to do is to install the breather hose and the hose that will pump out the pee. You will need to buy a new porta-potty that has the hook up on the back for a pump out application if you dont already have that on your head now. Then just plum your hoses........ Mine pumped out at the tip of the bow and the hose ran under the V-berth, but a side pump out would have been better. Make sure you have a breather hose or it wont pump out . good luck
Old 04-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Registered

Do you want a "pump out" or a "suck" out. The factory calls the suck out a pump out but, You can put a through the bottom pump out with a macerator pump on it and do it whenever you want to. I have a 290 and I put the TRUE pump out on it. You can modify your existing bottom on your head now with some simple parts. The "suck out" fitting pretty well has to go to the nose of the boat cause you will have a hard time getting the hose out to the side of the boat.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Registered

since I boat in inland water and my marina has the facilites, "suck out" would be just fine, and would prevent me from drilling a big hole in my hull

I would like to understand why I could not put the "suck out" fitting next to the water fill. it seems like there is a ton of room in there for piping and hoses?

THANKS
Old 04-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ckentling
since I boat in inland water and my marina has the facilites, "suck out" would be just fine, and would prevent me from drilling a big hole in my hull

I would like to understand why I could not put the "suck out" fitting next to the water fill. it seems like there is a ton of room in there for piping and hoses?

THANKS
You can. And that is a way better spot than where the factory puts it.