PQ Resale Value?

Notices

PQ Resale Value?

Old 06-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PQ Resale Value?

Trading in a 1999 22 Raizor.Concerned about resale value with PQ gone/out of business/coming back/new owners/whatever. The long running thread about the factory has disappeared,no recent posts.Am I going to be hung with an orphan boat? Always liked them,but as a businesman,should I be concerned?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Re: PQ Resale Value?

Everyone will have a different opinion on this one. I don't think you have that much to worry about. There will be a few folks that will walk away from boats that don't have factory support anymore, like the Scarabs also.

But if the boat is in good condition and has been well cared for you should be ok. I would not be surprised if a dealer would try to steal it from you though for this reason on a trade.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered

Unless you have a boat under factory warranty I dont think you have anything to worry about. Weather closed or in business they are a kick a$$ boat. Its the poor guys that bought new 05s that have to worry, there is a guy at my marina that bought a new 320 SC and Great Lakes Marina in Muskegon MI has taken on all the warranty expence, now that s a good dealer!!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...05#post1741605

Here is the thread....

If you post you information on your boat I can give you an ABOS update as to the value
Old 06-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Thanks,Enticer. As a dealer,I have access to values. Just curious as to why the thread died,seems like most PQ owners would still be asking questions about what is happening,but they haven't lately.Seems strange to me. PQ owners seem to be very loyal,yet the factory thread dropped off.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Registered

As I said in another post....Mike R and I have talked and last time I spoke to him in the the being of May, all was supposed to be a done deal with 2-3 weeks, but I have heard nothing except the grass got cut.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the closing will have much effect on the value of the boat. Just like John stated as long as the boat has been well cared for there will always be a market. And to be honest from what I've heard from talking with different people I would guess 75% of the people out there are not even aware PQ is closed. And most would never think of getting any type of factory support on an older used boat. I plan to move up again in the next year or two and PQ will still be on the list.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Registered

I have an 05 and my Dealer Riverview Marine has taken care of any warranty expense that has occured to date. I think that is a sign of a great dealer. I am not concerned with warranty. Most of the things that go wrong with boats under warranty are covered by someone elses warratny (like Mercury).

Tim
Old 06-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Registered

Robert,
I know the boat and I don't think you'll be dissapointed or hung out to dry on it, It's a real clean unit and a 7 yr old boat as long as its clean and someone wants to get into boating at an affordable price you'll be golden.
Hell, if I had extra money laying around I'd have bought it as a day boat, but business sux right now.

Nick