New Gauges Installed >

New Gauges Installed

Notices

New Gauges Installed

Old 07-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Gauges Installed

Dock looking at your helm you've got plenty of room to install the GPS/plotter. By the way on your steering wheel, I don't know if the 29 is the same as my 26 . But my seat sits back a ways from the steering wheel so Installed a 4" extension hub on my wheel to bring it back a bit.

As you can see we're not on the lake today! Had the darn boat all set to go when the major thunderstorm warnings came in. What a shame yesterday was a beaut!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at the Dana site, I'm now thinking white panel with a red (and maybe purple as well) stripe to match the boat graphics, then platinum gauges with polished bezels.

Of course, then I would need a throttle/shifter, and those g.d. things are pricey!!
Attached Thumbnails New Gauges Installed-portsidetrailer.jpg  
Old 07-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Registered

I did all the extra trim rings last year. Check out Trick Marine as well as Rex.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Registered

Wish Dana packaged them for twins; as it is, I'd have to buy almost an entire extra "7" package to get what I needed. Might have to price that stuff at Trick as well... projects are half the fun (though Mrs DR might disagree when the Mastercard bill comes in )
Old 07-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Registered

I'll agree on the mastercard thing. Call Dana direct and I'm sure they'll work a deal, I would think they have a twin package just not listed. They were very helpfull when I talked with them. Rex offers the Beede's as well but they only offer the white on white or the silver on silver. I wanted the silver on white. Hardin Marine also has them but they carry the Hardin Marine logo and at an extra cost. The only thing I wish the one had that I bought are the red needles in replace of the black. Other than that I'm thus far pretty happy with them.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Registered

Gauge packages are pre-assembled for your convenience. There is no price difference if you're purchasing Beede gauges individually or in kit form. We'll put togehter what ever package someone needs. Just give us a call. 951-279-5005. The Powerquest dash panel looks really nice. Do you have hi-res photography of that? Drop me your info if you do, I'd like to use that as an in use shot on my website.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Registered

Will do on the picture. It was very humid that morning and the lens kept fogging up. I'll take a few tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dockrocker
Looking at the Dana site, I'm now thinking white panel with a red (and maybe purple as well) stripe to match the boat graphics, then platinum gauges with polished bezels.

Of course, then I would need a throttle/shifter, and those g.d. things are pricey!!
Dockrocker isnt this ur boat for sale on Offshore??
If not, its a twin or are ya keepin it now?
Very nice color package!

Last edited by JBravo; 07-31-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JBravo
Dockrocker isnt this ur boat for sale on Offshore??
If not, its a twin or are ya keepin it now?
Very nice color package!
Yeah, it's for sale. We really need a cruiser, but every time I log on here I get all wound up about keeping her. Last year we barely used it because the kids were too small. This year the wife has been travelling almost every weekend, so that essentially killed our summer.

Today the Mrs says I can keep her if I want... so, if I can sell her for what I owe, I will - if not, that's fine too. In the meantime I'm planning to treat her like she's mine for the long haul.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Registered

Now that FF has me all fired up about the dash panels, I did a little shopping over at Dana and Trick. Definitely a pricing difference between the Beedes and the Livorsis.

For my needs - tach(2), oil pressure(2), water temp(2), volts(2), drive trim(2), fuel, and hours(2) the results were:

Beede (Dana) - $424.50
Livorsi (Trick) - $618.85 *

* could not find drive trim gauges on the Trick website, so they are *not* included in this price.

Like Fast Forward noted, I have a hard time dropping big bucks on my 65 mph $40K boat, and that $200 savings puts me halfway to this Navman 5380 chartplotter.

Now all that being said, these are the *published* prices, and I'm sure both Dana and Trick would work a package deal. Decisions, decisions (this is the part where I pretend I make the financial calls in the house - who am I kidding, I gotta ask the wife in any case! )

Quick Reply: New Gauges Installed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.