New Gauges Installed >

New Gauges Installed

Notices

New Gauges Installed

Old 07-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Gauges Installed

Well I installed the new Beede Gauges yesterday. Must have lost 10lbs due to the humidity. I know there no Livorsi but they do look nice. Just could'nt come to grips dropping $500 on gauges for a 60 mph boat. Here's a pic of the old and a couple o
Attached Thumbnails New Gauges Installed-26-legend-003-3-medium-.jpg   New Gauges Installed-easter-medeveil-105-2-large-.jpg   New Gauges Installed-26-legend-004-3-large-.jpg  

Old 07-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Gauges Installed

Nice - if we end up keeping the 29 for another season, new guages + bezels are on my winter list. My excuse for pulling the panels and refinishing them - they're a little worn after 10 years. You know how it goes... "as long as I have the panels off, might as well put in new guages. And bezels. And... "
Old 07-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Nice.
Don't get caught up with the Livorsi brand
plenty of other brand gauges out there for less money and just as good or better.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Registered

I figured the original Faria gauges lasted 9 years and the Beedes are of equal quality why spend the extra cash. The polished stainless trim rings look great with the purple anodized bezels. Now I need to rework the dash panels. Best part I have a little extra cash to spend on more Bling!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Registered

Where did you get them, BTW?
Old 07-30-2006, 08:11 AM
Registered

Dana Marine. They were just over $200 for the package.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:39 AM
Registered

Wow that is nice. I've been kicking around a "plan" for my dash. Since the original "dream-o-meter" is disconnected, and new the GPS ones are so expensive, I was thinking of getting a new panel made. Move the tachs out to sides, then flush mount a GPS/Chartplotter in the middle. Still give MPH but also puts a chartplotter right there in middle of the panel where you can see it. Given the way the dash is, there should be room to move the tachs outboard another 2-3 inches, then put a 5 inch chartplotter in the middle (like a Navman). I hate offshore boats with a big old GPS unit pedestal mounted to the dash, though I understand that sometimes there's just no room.
Attached Thumbnails New Gauges Installed-helm.jpg  
Old 07-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Registered

What I'm really debating is color - should I paint the dash panels (and glovebox panels) red, keep them white, or white with red stripes (to match the hullsides)?

If I went red, I would use black face guages with chrome bezels. White would be white gauge faces and red bezels. Keep in mind I've got red wheel with polished spokes sitting in the den waiting to be bolted on. Thinking that might be too much red on the dash if I went with red panels.
Attached Thumbnails New Gauges Installed-cockpithelm.jpg  
Old 07-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
Well I installed the new Beede Gauges yesterday. Must have lost 10lbs due to the humidity. I know there no Livorsi but they do look nice. Just could'nt come to grips dropping $500 on gauges for a 60 mph boat. Here's a pic of the old and a couple o
They look very classy, the stainless and purple looks sharp !
Old 07-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Registered

Thanks Guys.

Question, if you paint your panels , which I would like to. What or how do you label the switches? I was looking on Dana Marines site and they have several options on the switches sitting in an anodized panel. They dont way one to match the shape of the PQ but my guess is they may make one?

Quick Reply: New Gauges Installed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.