Legend Gauges--HELP!! >

Legend Gauges--HELP!!

Notices

Legend Gauges--HELP!!

Old 04-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Legend Gauges--HELP!!

Ive got a problem. The gauges in my 1994 Legend need to be replaced (2 of the gauges are yellowing and all of them look dated)..
Here is my problem: I purchased Fast Forward's (Brian's) gauges off his 1997 Legend which mounted from the front of the gauge panel--exactly what I wanted..My current gauges mount from the rear! I tried to install the newer gauges but they are too large to fit through the holes in my older dash. So my question is who sells gauges that will fit it my dash that will mount from the front (I want to install bezels)..OR what is the best way to SAFELY modify or drill out the gauge panel (which is made of aluminum)??
Old 04-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

How much material are we talking about here that needs to be removed? You could always send the old dash panel out and have a new one made with the appropriate sized holes. There are a couple of companies out there that will make new panels for you. Post something in the technical forum on them and someone will post the company names. I can't imagine the new panels are that expensive.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PQ Baby, Sorry to hear they didn't fit. I never thought of that issue. Pending the amount of material you could scrip on the dash the sive needed and grind them out. Best would be if you have a friend that has a mill he could set it up and remove a little material.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to have my panel holes made larger as well when I upgraded gauges. The panel was sent to a fabricator in Holland. I don't have the name right now. They only charged $50.00.

You could try using a dremel or like device to grind some the material away. The lip on the gauges and bezels should cover up any imprefections.

Good Luck!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm putting all new guages in my 257 as we speak. I'll be selling the entire panel including the panel itself. PM me if that would help your situation.
Attached Thumbnails Legend Gauges--HELP!!-dash-close-sm.jpg