Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
340 Vyper Option Upgrades?? >

340 Vyper Option Upgrades??

Notices

340 Vyper Option Upgrades??

Old 06-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The boat is LOOOAAAADDDDEEEDD!! PM me and I can send you full specs.

I can tell you this boat was babied all the way around. Kept her in dry storage year round. Flushed with Salt Away after every use. Oil change every 25 hours. Full detailing once a month or more during season. The boat could sit on the showroom floor up near you and you would be hard pressed to tell it was in salt.

Plus the HO's are close loop cooled motors. And I never ran them balls to the wall cause I don't care about being first. The computers will confirm that as can BillR and Vyper340.

And everything works! Something I wish I could say about my current boat. Damn new boat bugs!!

Last edited by Macklin; 06-01-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Macklin your Vyper is sweet! I have never seen it in person but judging by the pictures and knowing how you treat your stuff (based on OSO posts) it would be a great ride. I honestly wish the timing of the sale were different and able to coincide with my time frame. Whoever gets this boat will defiantly be happy. I know I would be!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Registered

Definitely be happy!!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Registered

Very nice 34 - love the adult colors (no Walt Disney)
Old 06-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
The head is electric and feeds to a holding tank that you pump out. I don't believe it has a pump-overboard option.
It's a porcelain vacuflush head, and it does have a macerator for overboard discharge if you are in a position to do so.

Here at the oceanfront it is much easier to run offshore and dump it than to deal with the expense, time and aggravation of pulling up to a pump out station. Of course, it has that option as well.

Brian, I will email you the spec sheet.

Oh BTW, one of my rules is to NEVER put anything other than fluids into the holding tank. Been on boats that did not have that rule and...whew!

Last edited by Macklin; 06-02-2007 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered

PS - not to highkjack the thread but I also have my 340 Vyper for sale as I am stepping up to 42 boat. It has all the same options and treated the same with several upgrades and 171 hours (fresh drives, cables, etc...). What it comes down to is personal choice in colors/graphics. That all being said Macklin's old boat is a steal!

Here's a link to the broker site (price is not accurate).
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...arineconcepts&

Last edited by Vyper340; 06-02-2007 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Shawn Irt is possible to add the waterv to a Viper , I had it done in my 1999 and it cost me $1200. That was about two years ago. But yoiu need to find someone who is really into that kind of work. They put the water tank back in the engine bay on thr port side. Had to move the battery around but when they were done it looked very nice.
The AC prices listed here seem about right. Having said that you may be better off with Mack's boat if you can afford it. Given Macks boat has the new bottom , speed with his smaller motors will be about the same as the 99 with the HP500's.

Now if you really want to move up look at the AVENGER. Much more room all around and a better ride. I had a 99 Viper and now own an Avenger, there is a difference.
Attached Thumbnails 340 Vyper Option Upgrades??-liquid-jungle-05-3-lg.jpg  
Old 06-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Registered

OH!! the Pressure, I think I'm breaking and will be in Florida on Monday. Just Kidding

Any rate, I really appreciate the input. Timing is some what an issue with me. As mentioned above I am just beginning to look, and have a 230 Conquest to sell first, that still needs a bit of detailing. I should be able to get it online next week.

I will be a paying member by Monday.
I will call Sydwayz early next week
And I'll check out Vyper340's rig

My bank has a good 6.5% but I just found out they want a 10-15% down, which I had two months ago but will need a few months to re-acquire. Plus selling the other boat.

So yeah I am serious But not immediate. Kinda looking to sell mine this year and buy something in the fall or spring. Although there is Home equity? hee-hee
Old 06-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Oh Yeah I'm on my way to the lake right now to run up a few more hours - Just a couple
Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn D
OH!! the Pressure, I think I'm breaking and will be in Florida on Monday. Just Kidding

Any rate, I really appreciate the input. Timing is some what an issue with me. As mentioned above I am just beginning to look, and have a 230 Conquest to sell first, that still needs a bit of detailing. I should be able to get it online next week.

I will be a paying member by Monday.
I will call Sydwayz early next week
And I'll check out Vyper340's rig

My bank has a good 6.5% but I just found out they want a 10-15% down, which I had two months ago but will need a few months to re-acquire. Plus selling the other boat.

So yeah I am serious But not immediate. Kinda looking to sell mine this year and buy something in the fall or spring. Although there is Home equity? hee-hee
Shawn, I have two lender options that have the potential for 6.75% and not the 10-20% down that others are requiring. Let me know.

Quick Reply: 340 Vyper Option Upgrades??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.