38 avenger vs. .38 special

Notices

38 avenger vs. .38 special

Old 06-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.... I gotta drive a PQ...

We really do like our .38...

I saw a poker run PQ once that did have gen AC also.. I bet that would be nice...
Attached Thumbnails 38 avenger vs. .38 special-s5000540.jpg  
Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SinkorSwim
Wow.... I gotta drive a PQ...

We really do like our .38...

I saw a poker run PQ once that did have gen AC also.. I bet that would be nice...
If I end up getting the PQ you are welcome to take a spin
Old 06-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Registered

Stepped hull 38 Avenger - no contest with same power or even less power as the steps will help. The build quality of the two is NOT comparable as it's my experience that the PQ quality is top notch in their class. No offense to Baja's since they are nice looking boats but for the money and the post, go with the PQ 2002 or newer for the best of all worlds.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Registered

Hi, my friend has a 2001 baja 38, 500hp motors. I have a 1998 Avenger. Both boats are great but in there own way. I have 502s and I run about 4mph faster. Both have alot of room. For every day boating, I like my 380. I think baja still needs to work on the quality, but even the most expensive boats have there faults. On the way to the bahamas from miami there was 12 foot rollers and windy, the baja with the 9'3 beam really did a great job. Places like LOTO I think my PQ does better.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ckentling, I own a 38 PQ and have looked at the 38 Not so Specials. As you can see I bought the PQ, I have owned three of them know and have loved them. They all have there own issues but I feel the PQ has less of them. I will be down at LOTO the last week of July if you would like to ride in mine,and yes I am considering selling her. Looking at a 400SS Formula. I don't have gen or ac but you could add it.

As for the power I have the 525sc's and have been very happy with them I asked around alot about them and found out they are very reliable if maintained well. I had mine rebuilt last may and put a roller set up in it. The #5 exhaust lobe went flat on port side (270 hours) so rebuilt them both. I like the blue motors but I will tell you that you should look to rebuild around 300 hours unless it is a roller set up. Over all I would go with the PQ even with the smaller motors, you can always add power if you want. Let me know if your interested and I will get back with you. Good luck.

Rich.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Registered

All around the PQ out weighs the Baja. I have owned 2 PQ's and have never had any MAJOR issues, and the factory back-up was great and will be great. Not being partial, I have owned other boats also

Last edited by enticer; 07-04-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
ckentling, I own a 38 PQ and have looked at the 38 Not so Specials. As you can see I bought the PQ, I have owned three of them know and have loved them. They all have there own issues but I feel the PQ has less of them. I will be down at LOTO the last week of July if you would like to ride in mine,and yes I am considering selling her. Looking at a 400SS Formula. I don't have gen or ac but you could add it.

As for the power I have the 525sc's and have been very happy with them I asked around alot about them and found out they are very reliable if maintained well. I had mine rebuilt last may and put a roller set up in it. The #5 exhaust lobe went flat on port side (270 hours) so rebuilt them both. I like the blue motors but I will tell you that you should look to rebuild around 300 hours unless it is a roller set up. Over all I would go with the PQ even with the smaller motors, you can always add power if you want. Let me know if your interested and I will get back with you. Good luck.

Rich.
What are you going to drive at LOTO if you sell it. This past weekend the boys went out to lunch in the F4, and the girls went in my neighbors 400SS. His wife is an excellent driver. She came over to the F4 10 minutes after Colette got on board and said "you are in trouble, she already likes it."

The good news was after we got back home, I asked her what she would rather have, and she replied the F4 smokes the 400SS on the ride in rough water.

YES
Old 07-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

John,
That worked out nicely I have no idea at this time.

Ckentling.
Did you get my P.M. I sent you?

Rich.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
John,
That worked out nicely I have no idea at this time.

Ckentling.
Did you get my P.M. I sent you?

Rich.
Yes I did, I am still trying to figure out my end of July schedule to see if I can sneak over an dtake a look

THANKS
Old 07-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ckentling
Yes I did, I am still trying to figure out my end of July schedule to see if I can sneak over an dtake a look

THANKS
ckentling
I'm leaving Friday a.m. to head down to LOTO, you have my number so just call if you can make it. If not I'll be back down two weeks later and then for the OSS race.

Rich.

Quick Reply: 38 avenger vs. .38 special

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.