automatic bilge in powerquest 290 >

automatic bilge in powerquest 290

Notices

automatic bilge in powerquest 290

Old 06-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default automatic bilge in powerquest 290

anyone familiar w/the bilge wiring setup in a 29' pq? i recently took on some water and discovered my bilge pump would not kick on automatically (unlike my last boat). bilge works fine manually but i cannot trust to leave the boat in the water until i figure out if it has an auto function. the bilge switch only has one function...on / off. thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Registered

it is an automatic setup with Brown, and Brown/white (IIRC) that come from the stbd battery. there should be two small white fuse holders at the battery, checkd those first, mine were corroded all the hell when I got mine, once I swapped them out for a new style holder I have not had an issue ever again

Mine had the old style rule float in the cage, I swapped it out for an Attwood all in one and have not had a problem yet.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Registered

im still learning about these floats because i never had an issue w/one in the past. i will check the fuse holders at the battery...hopefully its an easy fix. thx for the heads up. i have a feeling this forum may be more useful than a repair manual! thanks.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Registered

well, since im at it...ill fire this out. the pq has twin 330hp 7.4(mpi) engines and the port motor idles about 400 rpm's or so higher than the starboard motor which idles normal. the local marine mechanic isn't sure what the deal is and the problem seems to get a tad worse after it warms up. most people tell me its possibly that the plenum intake gasket has sucked in a little. anyone have this problem?? ill have to get to that after i get my port side steering shaft seal fixed which i understand requires the motor to be pulled to replace. ouch!
hopefully ill be able to help someone out on here someday.