Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Chicago Boat Show >

Chicago Boat Show

Notices

Chicago Boat Show

Old 01-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There gonna have to change the name of the Chicago Boat Show to the Chicago Pontoon Boat Show. It really shows the bulk of the direction of consumer spending in the boating world. I was amazed at all the folks shopping the pontoon boats.

As for the Performance boats it was pretty slim pickins. As usual Formula had a good showing as well as Donzi (had the best), Fountain I believe had 3 boats, Baja had the bulk of there line . Cig had a beautiful 38 and Checkmate was there for a change. The most unique was some European design which I don't recall the manufacturer. All in all still a great time and lots of fun. MIA this year Sunsation, Concept, Scout (center consoles) and of course PQ..
Old 01-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
There gonna have to change the name of the Chicago Boat Show to the Chicago Pontoon Boat Show. It really shows the bulk of the direction of consumer spending in the boating world. I was amazed at all the folks shopping the pontoon boats.

As for the Performance boats it was pretty slim pickins. As usual Formula had a good showing as well as Donzi (had the best), Fountain I believe had 3 boats, Baja had the bulk of there line . Cig had a beautiful 38 and Checkmate was there for a change. The most unique was some European design which I don't recall the manufacturer. All in all still a great time and lots of fun. MIA this year Sunsation, Concept, Scout (center consoles) and of course PQ..
Good news for me since I want to look at the tri-toons this year.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The Euro design was Fearless...designed by the same people that brought you the Porsche Carrera...you could see the lines of a 911 around the stern. 28 feet with a single 525...claimed 78 mph. It'll also run you a cool $300,000!!!! Kinda makes you wonder what the 44 footer they had a model of w/triple #6s hanging off the back will cost?!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered

Holly smokes!!!!! I'm sure they'll sell a few dozen at the show at that price.. They must not be aware of the "R"word they keep talking about in the news.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

What the heck is a Chaparral. That must be a camper in the lower level???
It is a boat to keep the wife happy since she foots half the bill. Got to get the kid out of the house then daddy gets what he wants. Hence my boat/screen name, "Knot 4 Me". Wife actually named the boat!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by spazboz
Buddy had a 2000 Chaparral. Dumped a 350 chevy in it and pushed a stringer out of the side of the hull in 2-4's in Lake Michigan. My friend Tom and I will be at the show Saturday, and will be FULLY prepped to toss a couple cold ones down.
Nick
Amazing how some folks take a runabout and try to turn it into an offshore boat. Mentalpause did that with mine one day at LOTO on the main channel. Fortunately my stringers remained inside the hull!!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Amazing how some folks take a runabout and try to turn it into an offshore boat. Mentalpause did that with mine one day at LOTO on the main channel. Fortunately my stringers remained inside the hull!!
And you were amazed at how smooth it ran in that snot!
Old 01-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
And you were amazed at how smooth it ran in that snot!
Nothing like running WFO in a 26' open bow from the opening of the Gravois to The Duck in the middle of the day.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
It is a boat to keep the wife happy since she foots half the bill. Got to get the kid out of the house then daddy gets what he wants. Hence my boat/screen name, "Knot 4 Me". Wife actually named the boat!

Now thats funny!!!!!!! I'll have to keep that idea away from the wife. Otherwise I'll need to borrow that name.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

Now thats funny!!!!!!! I'll have to keep that idea away from the wife. Otherwise I'll need to borrow that name.
He has been in an up hill battle for awhile

Quick Reply: Chicago Boat Show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.