Corsa Mufflers >

Corsa Mufflers

Notices

Corsa Mufflers

Old 04-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Mufflers

I have for sale: 4 slightly used (less than 30 hours) Corsa Muffler tips. Factory equipment on my PowerQuest. Was installed on my 496 Mag HO engines. Slight oxidation, no dents or damage. The look pretty nice. Will sell in pairs of two also.

Probably can ship for a minimum charge or maybe deliver for several beers!

I am asking $200 a pair but will entertain offers.

Here is a link to some pictures: http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/4s...uct=272&cat=12
Old 04-12-2008, 08:19 AM
BL6
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

PM sent
Old 04-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave I'm assuming you replaced these with non muffler tips?? If so what band did you use that the bolt hole patter matched up?
Old 04-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
Dave I'm assuming you replaced these with non muffler tips?? If so what brand did you use that the bolt hole patter matched up?
Easy! Go with Corsa non-muffled tips. I changed mine over with BillR's when he decided to go with another type of tip. He was smart enough to order his 340 with non-muffled tips from the factory.

Then I sold my muffled tips on OSO.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noiced when I look down the tip theres a large flate washer (for better words) that has a bolt and a nut welded to it. Whats the chances of grinding off that welded nut and the muffler sliding out??
Old 04-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

FF, I have seen a previous thread on this subject. Might do a search. It is possible, but a lot of work. Why not just exchange them with the Corsa non-muffled tips and sell your muffled ones? They are really easy to change out.

Dave, mine were almost new when I sold them...'bout 5 years ago. I think I got like $150 per pair.

Last edited by Macklin; 04-13-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:56 AM
Registered

Price reduced to $150 a pair. I also have the Y pipes (Corsa) that were installed from the risers to the prop exhaust and the muffled tips if anyone is interested.

Fast Forward, the tips I bought were Corsa. They were very easy to install. Just don't drop the nut............

I too also wondered about cutting the bolt/nut in the muffled tip to see if the guts would slide out and but then decided I wanted simple straight pipes and bought'em.

Good luck all,

Dave
Old 04-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave I'm assuming you replaced these with non muffler tips?? If so what band did you use that the bolt hole patter matched up?
I got a pair of the IMCO/Hardin marine 4" angled tips, no mufflers straight through with internal flapper. They replaced the Corsa mufflers boat came with, no mods to make it fit. HOLY hell it is loud and I am constantly getting complaints from my marina now. BUT IT SOUNDS AWESOME hearing all 8 cylinders WOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Registered

I noiced when I look down the tip theres a large flate washer (for better words) that has a bolt and a nut welded to it. Whats the chances of grinding off that welded nut and the muffler sliding out??

Zero... I took mine off last year and it took about an hour on each muffler with a drill, sawzall and a Dremel to remove the muffler innards. It sounds great now
Old 04-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MacGyver
Zero... I took mine off last year and it took about an hour on each muffler with a drill, sawzall and a Dremel to remove the muffler innards. It sounds great now
I did that on mine, but I wanted it louder so now I am running the Hardin Marine IMCO straight tips even BETTER. All that cutting and it sounds good but still muffled, without them complete it sounds more like grunt, more throatier straight tips muahahaha

Quick Reply: Corsa Mufflers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.