Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Powerquest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest-49/)
-   -   Slow (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerquest/201075-slow.html)

skoboat 01-05-2009 09:00 PM

Slow

It has been kinda slow in here lately. I guess everyone has been busy with the holidays .... or .... too busy with all the upgrades to our boats?

Steve

Fast Forward 01-06-2009 12:28 PM

Winter sucks!

johnny b good 01-06-2009 02:13 PM

April 15th is when I can get mine out of storage and bring it home for a few weeks to do detailing , maintance, etc. I might go to the Grand Rapids boat show this year for the first time, has anyone been before? I am getting tired of the Detroit show it seems to get worse every year as far as hardly any performance boats. I am sure the way the economy and Michigan in general is this years show wont be any better.

Fast Forward 01-06-2009 04:42 PM

I went last year tp the GR show and there's really not much there. It is a nice little show but mainly small runabouts and pontoon boats. Which really seems to be the trend at all the shows. I've been told the chicago shwo will be very small this year as well and to expect the RV section to be on the same floor as the boats.

johnny b good 01-06-2009 06:57 PM

That's too bad, I remember going to the Detroit and Metro Beach boat show on Lake St.Claire back in the late 80's to the late 90's and you always had about 8 or more different performance boat brands to look at.
I guess the only show worth going to now is the Miami Beach show in Florida.

skoboat 01-06-2009 07:28 PM

Ya, you're right...winter does suck!

We usually hit the Louisville and St. Louis boat shows every year. They are both pretty good shows. I think Louisville has been a little bit better the last few years.

Johnny b, The cover I got from you worked out Ok.

Mentalpause 01-06-2009 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Fast Forward (Post 2772016)
I went last year tp the GR show and there's really not much there. It is a nice little show but mainly small runabouts and pontoon boats. Which really seems to be the trend at all the shows. I've been told the chicago shwo will be very small this year as well and to expect the RV section to be on the same floor as the boats.

Chicago has sucked for a few years now. But we will be there again next weekend just to have something to do on a winter weekend. Gives us an excuse to have a few cold ones and get some Chicago pizza.

I think we are also going to St Louis and Louisville. Last year was our first year to try Louisville and it was a pretty good show. But I noticed Lake Cumberland Marine was not on the list for that show this year. That tells you something about the market for go fast boats.

Good Call 01-06-2009 08:56 PM

I read yesterday that Shogren is not going to be at the Chicago show. That means no Fountain or Baja.

boatnt 01-06-2009 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Good Call (Post 2772205)
I read yesterday that Shogren is not going to be at the Chicago show. That means no Fountain or Baja.

what's this Fountain and Baja you speak off???

skoboat 01-06-2009 10:05 PM

If Lake Cumberland is not going to be a Louisville that means no Outerlimits and Fountains to look at.