Insta Trim 200 indicator problem/Question >

Insta Trim 200 indicator problem/Question

Notices

Insta Trim 200 indicator problem/Question

Old 06-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insta Trim 200 indicator problem/Question

I have a 2000 280 Silencer. It has insta tabs with the insta tab200 indicator. My port tab indicator lights up all the way indicating the tab is down when it is not. Has any one else had this problem. Both tabs are working fine. Any suggestions on where to start looking. Would it be on the tabs or the indicator panel itself? I would appriciate any input.

Thanks!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by murf
I have a 2000 280 Silencer. It has insta tabs with the insta tab200 indicator. My port tab indicator lights up all the way indicating the tab is down when it is not. Has any one else had this problem. Both tabs are working fine. Any suggestions on where to start looking. Would it be on the tabs or the indicator panel itself? I would appriciate any input.

Thanks!!!
check your the cylinder on the tab for any leaks; had to replace both pair of cylinders on my tabs on my old powerquest. Purchased them directly from Instatrim.
Goodluck with your investigation.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I took the indicator off the cyinder and cleaned it. It happened from the lines leaking. Then zip tied it back on. Works fine. What kind of power do you have in your 280? I just bought one and I am trying to figure out what kind of cruising speed I should be getting around 3200-3500 rpm.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:25 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replys, I will check the cylinders fro leaks and clean the indicators.

specialk, I have a 502. I run abbout 45 at 3500 RPM,s Top speed was 68, two people, half a tank of gas. I jusy got it at the end of last year, still need to get more time with it.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replys, I will check the cylinders fro leaks and clean the indicators.

specialk, I have a 502. I run abbout 45 at 3500 RPM,s Top speed was 68, two people, half a tank of gas. I jusy got it at the end of last year, still need to get more time with it.
Where do you boat in NJ?
Old 07-03-2009, 05:02 AM
Registered

MC-BOYS,
I keep my boat at Sea Village Marina in Northfeild. I'm up at Trump Marina and that areae a lot. How about you?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Registered

MC-BOYS,
I keep my boat at Sea Village Marina in Northfeild. I'm up at Trump Marina and that areae a lot. How about you?
I'm down in Wildwood/Cape May area. Typically go to Champagne Island between Stone Harbor and North Wildwood. Great place to hang. If your ever planning to head down my way, drop me a PM. I'll do the same if planning on running up to AC for a quick ride.
Mike