price difference

Notices

price difference

Old 07-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default price difference

I have a interesting question for all of you. I have to put a new motor in my boat. I am putting it up for sale right after I do so, but the question I have is do you feel that I would recoop my money by throwing 2 new motors in it. If I put the one in and sell it, or would it sell faster and pay for its self by putting 2 new motors in? Just curious what you think.

Rich.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Registered

Those are the old style 525's i assume? How many hours? What was the reason for one motor change? You need to have some figures in mind for it each way and just test the market? My .02 But I would like to step up to a 38 !! someday
Old 07-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

These are the 525 SC'S with 320 hours on the motors. Had #5 drop on me and decided to do the whole thing not just fix the one sleeve, cheap fix but could not sell it that way and feel right. Just had the blowers done last year and have put 4 hours on them before this issue so I will say they are fresh as well.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Registered

With the used market, I would look at what comparable boats have sold for (if there are any), and that should help you make your decision.

I would think fix the one and try and get it sold.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Registered

I'd have to say replace the bad motor and let it go, the way the economy is right now and as soft as the toy(ie:boat) market is I personally think you'd be hard enough pressed to sell it at all and spending extra money to replace the second motor is gonna make it that much harder to recoup your money.
This is just my personal opinion.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Registered

PWRQWST, I looking to move up to a 38. I think my 29 will be sold today. If you have a picture of the boat send it to [email protected]
Old 07-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by paulsrx700
PWRQWST, I looking to move up to a 38. I think my 29 will be sold today. If you have a picture of the boat send it to [email protected]
Sent you the info, let me know if you recieved it or not. If you boat is not sold let me know I may be intersted in a trade if needed.

Rich.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Registered

No matter what you do at this stage of the game....you will loose....so try to make a decision where you do not loose as much as everyone else says you will.......