Water in step hull >

Water in step hull

Notices

Water in step hull

Old 07-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Water in step hull

How the heck do you get the water out of the front half of your hull in front of the step? There is no way possible you can tilt the boat up high enough for the water to go over the step. It is a 01 280 silencer. I ended up with mold on my life jackets because I had them stored in the front center storage comp and water must slosh up there at times.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have steps, but do have 2 bilge pumps....one forward, and one aft. I've never had to use the front one. I can't figure how you got water up there unless you stored the boat uncovered and nosed down in a monsoon rain. If not, I'd be looking for leaks..........
Old 07-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the drains from the front compartments are connected to hoses that run over the step back to the stern. I have the same boat. I'll head to the garage and check after supper.