Notices

Front seats

Old 09-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by MK
Grand Products is in Norton Shores (Muskegon).

Grand Products only made the stainless bases, rails, etc. for PQ, not the upholstered seats.

Jack's son Scott used to run the place for his dad but I don't know if he's still there or if Jack even owns the place anymore.

Rumor has it that phil bought Grand Products!

Just kidding
Old 09-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
I dont think Mcleod offers a manual drop down,you sure you dont have standard PQ bolsters?
No I have the power seats now, Mcleod's I think but not for sure..

MK, do you know who did the upper design's for the newer models? The base should be fine I just want the look of the rounded uppers not the square one's like I have
Old 09-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

about a month ago I emailed Stefanie at Mcleod about switching my seats to power bolsters,she emailed me back a estimate of $6.800.00 +shipping for 2 front bolsters.

I then spoke with Jim at PPI out Florida,he had me email him a bunch of pictures of my seats,he said he could turn mine into power boolsters for $2.000.00 + shipping.

anyway the rumor is that Mcleod shut down
When companies offer something stock, and an upgrade to McLeod, that upgrade is usually in the 5K+ range. So 6800 doesn't surprise me. The rumor of them being closed is just that - a rumor. Reportedly Michael is still going to work.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
When companies offer something stock, and an upgrade to McLeod, that upgrade is usually in the 5K+ range. So 6800 doesn't surprise me. The rumor of them being closed is just that - a rumor. Reportedly Michael is still going to work.
I wish him the best,but I heard different!
Old 09-03-2009, 11:30 PM
MK
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PWRQWST

MK, do you know who did the upper design's for the newer models? The base should be fine I just want the look of the rounded uppers not the square one's like I have
If it's a McLeod you want (which you would need in order to fit the base you have) then you would have to go direct to McLeod. PQ always used a standard McLeod design to minimize the cost (vs paying for custom design that was PQ specific).

The standard PQ bolster seats were designed and built in house so you are out of luck if that's what you want. I don't think they ever went into production with a powered PQ built bolster. We built some prototypes in my day but they never made production and I don't think they ever did after I left either.

I'm guessing there will be a liquidation auction at the plant eventually so you may find something there that will work if it gets to that stage.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

If you have power then they are McLeods. The newer rounded style uppers are McLeods as well. You need to talk to Stephanie to see if the newer uppers will directly bolt to your older-style bases. The standard manual drop down PQ bolsters pretty much were unchanged over the years.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I wish him the best,but I heard different!
McLeod has been tapped to build the interiors for the new 36 Sunsation. He is also doing the interior on the new Poker Run F-4. So he is still doing some work.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Registered

I heard they have been put in an empty bay at sunsation!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
If you have power then they are McLeods. The newer rounded style uppers are McLeods as well. You need to talk to Stephanie to see if the newer uppers will directly bolt to your older-style bases. The standard manual drop down PQ bolsters pretty much were unchanged over the years.
Thanks Jeff that makes since I will give them a call..

Rich.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Registered

Thanks Jeff that makes since I will give them a call..

Rich.
let us know if you have any luck getting ahold of her,my last 2 emails to her were over 2 months ago and still nothing.