Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
New to Powerquest >

New to Powerquest

Notices

New to Powerquest

Old 11-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking boat. You were right on when you said that trailer is not custom made for that boat. Maybe you could get it rebunked???
Old 11-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd like to get some pics of your boat on the trailer to see how the bunks are. I also want to get that cover of yours asap. I shoulda never wasted my time with the other one. I had to send it back. PM me how you want payment, or I'll call you tomorrow to find out. Whatever I can do to get it here soon as possible. Hope you had a good trip. Thx.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZ Lineman
I'd like to get some pics of your boat on the trailer to see how the bunks are. I also want to get that cover of yours asap. I shoulda never wasted my time with the other one. I had to send it back. PM me how you want payment, or I'll call you tomorrow to find out. Whatever I can do to get it here soon as possible. Hope you had a good trip. Thx.
I have the same trailer under my 280. At first I was not real impressed with it until I started really looking at it. 2 axle would have been fine but it really tows great. The rear bunks are raised for the step even though it has a single board. I think they made it that way in case you are unloading the boat, the raised bunk would never get caught on the step. The quality is very good. My last PQ was on a PQ trailer (not sure who actually built them back in 93) and it really did not compare to the VIP we have now. The only thing that should be changed is to have the rear bunks extend past the transom.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AZ Lineman
Go to villagemarina.com and look under pre-owned boats for the 1999 Powerquest 280 Silencer. There are some pics there of my old boat. This is where I traded it at. I will see if I have any better pics at home that show the bunks. It is a heritage trailer.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by diggin H20
Go to villagemarina.com and look under pre-owned boats for the 1999 Powerquest 280 Silencer. There are some pics there of my old boat. This is where I traded it at. I will see if I have any better pics at home that show the bunks. It is a heritage trailer.
My 2002 280 has the same trailer seems to work great. what do you not like about it?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered

Old 11-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Registered

Not knocking the trailer at all. Just the fact that unless I am wrong a custom trailer for a step hull boat should accomodate the steps and not have the steps resting on any bunks. The new tri-axle aluminum Manning that Ron built for my twin step 340 Vyper has the bunks made for the steps to rest properly.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Registered

Nice looking ride
Old 11-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Registered

I have a aluminum tandem trailer with standard bunks, I added a 1.5" piece of poly lumber behind the step to the transom, worked great, I hated the fact that the step had so much weight on it with a flat bunk,

no problems at all loading

btw, I have a 2000 280 with a fairing
Old 11-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Registered

If you can, shoot a pic. I'd like to see it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.