Cabin Door Problems >

Cabin Door Problems

Notices

Cabin Door Problems

Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Cabin Door Problems

I have a 1999 280 Silencer , I noticed the cabin door is loose at the top. The screws came out of the top back slide or roller.Its a Viplex door who is out of business and was bought by Spartech. I here they were bought by Taylor Made. Im going to take a better look at it soon and hopefully find the slide is in the track just missing the screws, but my luck isnt that good. Has any one had a similar problem or know if you can get parts for these doors? Can you remove the cabin door completely? Love the 280 Silencer
Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They are pretty simple set up. There are little plastic plugs over the screws. Pop all of them out and then take out the screws. The door will come completly off. You do have to wiggle it around to finagle it out of the pocket. You can then get at the channel screws to take the channel out or install the missing screws. There will be holes where it looks like screws missing, but they are not installed because you cannot get acces to them unless the helm was taken out of the boat.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spartech marine door hardware

The Spartech marine harware line was bought by Teak Isle. Jim Cox is a former Spartech guy that is very knowledgeable about the slide tracks and roller wheels. Stuffs a little pricey but they are the original parts.