PQ Owners Check-in

Notices

PQ Owners Check-in

Old 04-21-2002, 09:03 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sejman

Which whipples did you go with? Give us (me) more details and some picts if you have some. Are you running 1.5 drives or 1.35? Are you having the engines dynoed?..........ect
Old 04-21-2002, 11:08 AM
Registered

Default Raypanic

The Whipples are the new style top mount. I beleave Bruce is going to remove and Dyno 1 motor.

My drives are 1.5. Bruce thinks the new 5 blade props will eliminate slippage, and perform better.

We are hopeing for. 95 GPS.

I will post photos and results soon.

Steve
Old 04-21-2002, 09:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

sejman

Sounds like it will be one sweet ride! I really like the new whipple blowers for the HP 500 I think they look awesome! Have you priced or got a idea on the pitch size Hydromotive P5 yet? I am running 1.34 and I think I will call them tomorrow

I assume you may have seen this picture but it is worth a second look.

Hey Scott see what he will have and you dont? Now is the time!!!
Attached Thumbnails PQ Owners Check-in-hp500-whipple.jpg  
Old 04-21-2002, 09:48 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm tapped out from this project (next year)
Old 04-22-2002, 01:31 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2001 237 SX
No pics online... yet
Been useing it for about 2 months now down here in sunny florida for this year. It was 91 here today, with little humidity. GREAT day on the water. The only thing i need to work on is getting a little more out of the boat in the speed department(dosent everybody?) I am only turning 4500RPM so i think a prop change is on order soon.. The best i can get out of it is roughly 56.(60 if you look on the speedo, but GPS doesnt lie) BUT i did beat a fountain today, so i was happy
Old 04-22-2002, 11:46 AM
Registered

Raypanic:

Looks AWESOME!!! So how fast does she go now?
Old 04-22-2002, 12:17 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ray,

did you modify the stock air inlets into your engine compartment? I know that PQ was having problems with the standard rear entry inlets on the hp motors thus the new side design. The new side design allows forced air inlet at a greater capacity.

Those motors are gonna suck alot of air and the more air you can get in there the better especially on those hot summer days.
Old 04-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Ray

You going to tell them or should I
Old 04-22-2002, 11:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sorry to confuse everyone, the picture above is the new style whipples that replace the intake for the HP500 and they are blue, Mine are the Black type that bolt on the existing manifold for the 502 MPI. (see picture) There was an older type that was similar to my black ones that were bolt on for the HP500EFI but they were blue too. The NEW ones like sejman are getting are like 750HP Mine have been dynoed @ 690HP

Viper340:

How fast does she go now? 0 Mph so far. This has been a project boat from the day I bought it (didn't plan it that way) The "Maden voyage" I had it up to 75MPH but it was not even really working hard (4000 rpm). This was all on the Old B&M 420 Mega blowers and carbs that I had all this switched out last fall and never have run it yet. I am still waiting on my "replacement" drive to come back in. I bought two new IMCO Extreme SC drives one I felt had a problem and when it comes in then I should be good to go.

HP500EFI:

I wondered about the airflow for a little two but after inspecting the boat I found that on each side of the rear bench seat under the gunnels are a large opening that suck air from the cockpit areas the size must be at least 1' x 2' I heard about the new air intakes on the newer 340'380s but at this time I am not worried. I should call the factory and see if they made a change to the bulkhead where the rear bench is positioned. worse come to worse I have had my eye on a couple of scoops anyhow (Wife wont like them)
Attached Thumbnails PQ Owners Check-in-raypanic-whipple.jpg  
Old 04-27-2002, 11:35 AM
Registered

My Boat

Quick Reply: PQ Owners Check-in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.