Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
290 Enticer With Supercharger's? >

290 Enticer With Supercharger's?

Notices

290 Enticer With Supercharger's?

Old 08-31-2010, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Powerplay is right... for boost is go with the step hulled Vyper or Avenger, or maybe the 300 Revenge if u like the size of the 290...
I'll more than likely be sticking with PQ just due to the best in class room and great ride... speed of the Vyper is pretty good too Vyper on torch with 500's gets 84 but its not how fast your boat will go its how fast your boat will go in the current water conditions... rough stuff is where the heavy hulled PQ is nice.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay i hear what you guys are saying. I spend 80 percent of my time at hardy, and want to do half a dozen overnighters with my wife, and two small chrildren a year. I also like really loud and fast things I know the 7.4l mpi motors in the enticer are not ideal for supercharging but the rest ot the package looks pretty good. Here is what I am thinking now, tell me what you think. I look for a 280 silencer (me and my wife really like the pq's) with the hp 500 efi motor, this should come with hydralic steering, trim tabs, and xr drive, if I have done my research correctly. So that when I pro charge that thing the rest of the boat should have most of the supporting mods i need. Not to mention a boat making 740 hp on 5psi. I figure that should put me somewhere in the 85 mph range? I can try to find one also with the weekender package, so we still get the camper canvas, microwave, fridge, and shore power, to make the camping weekend's more comftorable. I realize it does not have the room of a vyper, or avenger, but i have to be realistic about what I will be using the boat for 80 percent of the time, but still allow me do the some small trips. Does this sound like a good idea at all? Also does anyone have any experience with the hp 500 efi in the silencer, and maybe even one with a charger hanging off the front of it. Those cmi pipes sound pissed!!!

Last edited by rob vanharten; 09-01-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Registered

I believe a 500efi will come with an xz drive instead of xr... with that sort of power with a procharger id beef the drive up anyway. As far as overnighting with the family id go with the enticer there is quite a bit more room

Last edited by AJ POWERPLAY; 09-01-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Registered

also there is a silencer with a 500efi on Detroit Craigslist I believe... i'll pm you the link bc I'm not sure if they allow links on the thread if it is a classified

Last edited by AJ POWERPLAY; 09-02-2010 at 04:03 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had an enticer with 502s and now own a silencer with procharged 496. I dont think the blowers would possibly fit on the enticer without some back seat mods. The blower on my silencer looks like it came from PQ with it on. Mine has all the bells and whistles but I took the microwave out and use the extra room for storage.
You lost me on whether you are looking for a silencer or an enticer though.
Neither of those hulls are designed for 85 mph.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Focusing on the silnecer at this point. You must be getting up there in speed with the procharged 496. What speeds are you seeing, and how does the hull take it? The problem I am facing is I want a 85 mph boat all said and done, but also need some of the camping features.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by rob vanharten
Focusing on the silnecer at this point. You must be getting up there in speed with the procharged 496. What speeds are you seeing, and how does the hull take it? The problem I am facing is I want a 85 mph boat all said and done, but also need some of the camping features.
Sorry to say this but you wont see an honest 85mph from a 290 or a 280.
It takes alot to get there and a hull that could handle it.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Registered

Is do high 70's with 4 blades and a lot of power... but any more than that and it could get crazy
Old 09-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rob vanharten
Turn key 75. Probably could squeeze a few more reliable mph with right prop,drive height and less of a load. I always have a full tank and multiple coolers. The boat is not designed to do 85. Not saying it cant handle it but I dont think it would be fun with your family hitting any waves that fast. The boat rides good. You cant plow water like I was able to with my 290. Instead you get on top of the waves. It does not slam in rough chop like the 290. I dont do the river boating like I used to. My boating is on Lake Michigan now. I am looking to get into a 34.