Notices

anchor locker

Old 12-31-2010, 09:00 AM
bsc
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default anchor locker

Anchor locker
I知 wanting to step up from my 257 PQ to the 34 Vyper or maybe the 38 Avenger. Can anybody explain to me if and what years does any of the boats have a Anchor locker?
Lets me Truthful here PQ I think made a great boat, Performance and accommodations of storage, windshield is a must. But a great boat needs a driver, friends to share to fun with and a place to put your ANCHOR?
Anybody have suggestion on a comparable boat in the 32 to 35ft range maybe?
Old 12-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

They had a lot of issues with the anchors bouncing around and causing damage to the hull//stress cracks.none of the 29s,30s,34s or 38s had anchor lockers in the front.

Whats wrong with storing it under the rear seat?

Last edited by boatnt; 12-31-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:07 AM
bsc
Registered

Thanks for the info and this makes me sad.
No stress cracks in my boat but interesting if that was a problem, yes you can store in other places but nice to keep the Wet Ropes and Anchor in its own place.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is my biggest comlaint about my 29 PQ, I do store my anchor under the back bench because it is the only place and it is a real ***** to get in and out if you have any people with you, but i use my anchor alot since where i boat you have to anchor every where i almost go to drink a few
Old 01-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I certainly would not let an anchor locker be a deciding factor on your next boat. They are sometimes more trouble than they are worth, with anchors or drain lines coming loose. Had both happen. Or the cover flying open at the most inopertune time.

Never an issue when they are tucked under the rear bench. I keep two...one large danforth for the unlikely catastrophic failure in rough seas. Not likely with twins, but necessary for peace on mind. I always end up using my baby stern anchor when we raft up in shallow water. Always amazes me how well it holds.

Several in our club use the box anchor and love it. It folds up and stores in a bag.

Last edited by Macklin; 01-01-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I store a box anchor and a fortress FX-11 under the back seat of my avenger with plenty of room for other things. When I had my Enticer I used to store a Fortress FX-7 in the under the cockpit floor storage compartment. I also added about 2"-3" inches of clear vinyl hose to each end of the round stock of the Fortress anchors and had it protrude about a 1/4" past the aluminum to help protect from getting any nicks or gouges on the boat.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered

this sadens me as well. found a good deal on a avenger, but with out a anchor locker its automaticly a boat i am not going to purchase.

Not walking over my deck 2 times an outing with 10 foot of chain and 100 foot of rope, wet feet, and big anchor to fall on deck...
Old 06-28-2011, 01:26 PM
bsc
Registered

Default anchor

Your right, but I took the plunge anyway just purchased a 340 Vyper, going to do the operation the dropping and retrieval of anchor off the back of the boat and run up front with the rope.
I値l let you know how it works, 6days Vacation on the boat for the first time this weekend.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:54 PM
jus roamn
Platinum Member

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bsc
Your right, but I took the plunge anyway just purchased a 340 Vyper, going to do the operation the dropping and retrieval of anchor off the back of the boat and run up front with the rope.
I値l let you know how it works, 6days Vacation on the boat for the first time this weekend.
This is exactly the way I throw and retreive my anchor. I'll tie off on the bow cleat, but I've NEVER used a bow anchor locker for any thing other then extra dock lines or rode or wipe down towels. Boating on rough waters , it's the worse place for an anchor to be bouncing around.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bsc
I have no issues with tying the anchor rode on the bow and dropping the anchor off the swim platform...same thing to retrieve it. Just out on the deck to grab the rode and/or to reset it if I need.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.