Bravo Sea Pumps

Notices

Bravo Sea Pumps

Old 01-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Don OHIO
johnny b good,

I bought my 95 Avenger in late September that was for sale - you might know it since you are at ABM and that's where the boat was stored. Last fall, I pulled the entire cockpit interior out and had it re-covered and its sitting down the basement. I cleaned the bottom of the boat where in spots it had an ugly build-up probably from abuse in the past. Boat exterior is in decent shape for the age, motor rebuilds have less than a 100 hrs on them, drives were taken off, gone thru and re-alinged during installation. So the interior (in my mind) was the downer of this boat - which now has been rectified.

Do you know any history on this boat - good, bad or indifferent? since you have a 97 - any words of wisdom/advice?
Unfortunately I don't know any history of this boat, other than I noticed it showed up at ABM towards the end of last season.
As far as My Avenger and a friend of mine who bought a 97 Avenger( Perfect Mix's previous boat) They have been good solid reliable boats with just some minor nuisances. I have put about 350 hours on mine over the last 5 seasons since I bought it with no problems. I am very meticulous on maintenance and don't beat the crap out of the boat though. I have done a lot of little upgrades thru the years. I would say the biggest weakest link on these boats are the sliding cabin door which can cause issues. Mine finally started acting up last year so I will be repairing it come spring. Feel free to keep asking questions on here as things come up. Enjoy this summer!..John

Last edited by johnny b good; 01-16-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sliding Door & Toliet

What happens with the sliding door? Mine seemed pretty solid. It also seems "sgnificant" compare to what I've seen on other boats.

The toliet almost seems like a port-a-poty rather than a pump-out. Are there any issues? Are there any do's or don'ts? Do you know the number of gallons/capacity of the holding tank?
Old 01-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

two exits north is bolles harbor,,,i thing its exit 11 off I-75,,,check it out,, some other L.E.O.P.A members keep thre boat there also,,
Old 01-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

The toliet almost seems like a port-a-poty rather than a pump-out. Are there any issues? Are there any do's or don'ts? Do you know the number of gallons/capacity of the holding tank?
all depends on how it was ordered,some did have a pump out port a poty with a 2.5 or 4.5 holding tank and a pump out fitting on the deck.
others had manual flush or vacoum flush..

sounds like you have a port a poty with the hose,I like that option best,,simple!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
all depends on how it was ordered,some did have a pump out port a poty with a 2.5 or 4.5 holding tank and a pump out fitting on the deck.
others had manual flush or vacoum flush..

sounds like you have a port a poty with the hose,I like that option best,,simple!
Mine is a Vacuum flush with the pump out fitting on the cat walk next to the fresh water fill on the starboard side of the boat, I believe it's a 6 gallon holding tank, It works great and it is used for pee only.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Registered

What happens with the sliding door? Mine seemed pretty solid. It also seems "sgnificant" compare to what I've seen on other boats.

The sliding cabin door should be slid open when running the boat per the manufacture and others, because otherwise it puts a lot of stress on the lock mechanism and you run the risk of not being able to open it if you have any problems. The doors them self are solid, It's the 2 piece track system the door and frame is mounted to that is the problem. Something happened to my lower tracks on the door ( possibly misaligned) and not it won't slide shut all the way. I should be able to fix it but will have to get creative to access it. Do a search on here about cabin doors and you will see what I mean.