Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: 502 starter

Registered
    My Boats:
    1992 powerquest 290 Enticer

502 starter

Hey guys, I believe I've lost a tooth on my starboard engine starter. I can still get it to start, but sometimes it takes a couple of attempts to get the teeth to catch. I didn't look real hard the last time I was down there and I've looked up on line the location of the starter. So my question(s) are: Is the starter on the front left
    side of the motor towards the bottom of the block? Second: Has anyone done this and did you have to take the exhaust manifold off? Just wondering how hard of a job this is because of the limited space? Thanks!
    Jake

Registered
    My Boats:
    290 Enticer FX
    Jake, your starter should be on the left side (looking at the pulleys) at the back. The sea water pump is on the left front.
    You can do it.......just find a double jointed midget with three arms. Good luck! Mark

Registered
    My Boats:
    1992 powerquest 290 Enticer
    Mark,
    I'm in luck because I keep one of those in my basement for just these situations! I was nervous there for a second that this was going to be easy!
    After some research on line it looks like you are correct. Not looking forward to this but it has to be fixed! Thanks
    Jake

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jplanes View Post
    Mark,
    I'm in luck because I keep one of those in my basement for just these situations! I was nervous there for a second that this was going to be easy!
    After some research on line it looks like you are correct. Not looking forward to this but it has to be fixed! Thanks
    Jake
    j planes r u running twins if yes is it the inside starter port engine