Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
1999 Avernger for sale, Anyone know the boat? >

1999 Avernger for sale, Anyone know the boat?

Notices

1999 Avernger for sale, Anyone know the boat?

Old 07-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AngerMgmt
IIRC, PQ redesigned the Avenger hulls in 2000 or 01. Hey, it's a 38' boat that runs 65.......I really don't think handling is an issue. If you plan to go with bigger power, maybe it's something to consider. I just saw a utube video of a frickin' Bayliner running 90+.......don't think I'd be concerned about a 38 foot PowerQuest at anything under 80
Ummm, ok but there were days when I felt like lighting it on fire it handled so bad. Chasing the bow around all day from bow steer will make you hate it in a hurry! Some sea conditions it was ok...
Old 07-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmackin
Ummm, ok but there were days when I felt like lighting it on fire it handled so bad. Chasing the bow around all day from bow steer will make you hate it in a hurry! Some sea conditions it was ok...
Sorry, I thought the concern was about getting "squirrely" at speed, not off-plane handling. Not sure I've ever owned a boat that didn't "wander" when it wasn't on top of the water. Worse with the singles...............
Since I haven't owned an Avenger, I think I'll shut up
Old 07-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered

Bow steered at all speeds!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Aj,
Linky no worky!!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Registered

Wow........sounds like you had some issues.....sorry to hear that......cant believe there is that much of a difference between 38 step bottoms.......sounds like you had one of the bad ones or the only bad one made......
Old 07-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

Bow steered at all speeds!
maybe you cant drive a 38 powerquest........
Old 07-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Registered

It probably wont be any faster than a non step hull, especially in the rough. Mine ran 67-69mph in flat water but lost a few mph in anything over 1' chop. Bow steered a little too. Like I said drive it ALOT before buying.
Holy chit jmackin..... you are right.....tell the owner you want to use it for the weekend......i am sure he wont mind....wtf.....
Old 07-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
The first on in the classifieds, I am looking at, and have spoke with the owner, I will be looking at it in person in 2 weeks.

If anyone knows ANYTHING about it I would appresiate it

this one.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o39399-en.html

mittens.......take the boat for a ride, i am sure you will like it.....the boats are awesome.....talk to people who own 38's that can drive them....is there a difference, sure there is, but is it that big of one i think not.....the boat is a great price as long as it is not beat to chit
Old 07-07-2011, 02:01 AM
Registered

OK, Why did they send every 98, 99, and early 2000 38's back to factory to have the strakes cut and blue printed to remove as much hook out of them as they could?
They told me mine "wasnt that bad" and was one of the last ones they did. Again, just drive the damn thing and make up your own mind. Great boats but I'd stay away from those yrs. IMO. I would love to drive one of the newer ones. They went from a hook bottom to a rocker and is said to be night & day difference. Also look closely at where they cut the strakes off. Mine developed cracks in that area which had to be fixed. Again just trying to keep someone from living the same nightmare I did. Ok I'm done!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Registered

DOnt think it matters, like i said its probably sold, with me trying to to work a deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.