Old 01-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice boat!! congrats!!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Miller Marina in St Clair Shores and Anchor bay Marina in Chesterfield are the only ones I know of that will handle a boat that size. Hideaway Harbor now claims up to 38' but I believe its outside only. I keep mine on trailer inside Sundog on S. River close to launch and land fuel and way cheaper than a rack.
There is Sassy's on the North Channel that will Rack store inside but there location isn't the greatest depending on where you live. I have also heard complaints of rack storage customers for there hours of operation. Miller Marina no longer rack stores but will rent/lease covered wells with lifts in them, once again it's a location issue depending on what areas you boat mainly and live.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnny b good
There is Sassy's on the North Channel that will Rack store inside but there location isn't the greatest depending on where you live. I have also heard complaints of rack storage customers for there hours of operation. Miller Marina no longer rack stores but will rent/lease covered wells with lifts in them, once again it's a location issue depending on what areas you boat mainly and live.
Chip Miller posted on here they were doing rack storage again starting spring 2012. It's a long drive to Sassys...
Old 01-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Miller Marina in St Clair Shores and Anchor bay Marina in Chesterfield are the only ones I know of that will handle a boat that size. Hideaway Harbor now claims up to 38' but I believe its outside only. I keep mine on trailer inside Sundog on S. River close to launch and land fuel and way cheaper than a rack.
My wife must have called Anchor Bay 6-8 times and begged for a call back...hard for me to spend $ there.

Wanted to keep it at hideaway as they are putting 6 big racks inside, but again, another cluster bleep trying to get info from the lady.

Originally Posted by Need4SpeedGTCS
Congrats on the Vyper!
Thanks, needless to say we are excited for warm weather!

Originally Posted by Jplanes
Congrats!
Thanks!

Anchor Bay Marina, I have been there for the past 6 seasons. They are year round Rack storage and it is the best place and location on St.Clair you will find for rack storage on boats over 32 feet long.
The length does make it harder for sure..see post above.

Originally Posted by pqjack
nice boat!! congrats!!
Thanks, appreciate it.

Sassy's. Here is another one, sent an email with all boat info and they said I need to call for info...funny, I bought the boat from Dave several states away and never talked on the phone until we were in VA Beach to look at it! Rant over, don't post an email addy if you won't respond to it!! Sassy is a drive for me anyway but I wanted to examine all options.

Chip Miller posted on here they were doing rack storage again starting spring 2012. It's a long drive to Sassys...
Correct, he will take this boat and seems happy to add another to the rack there. Although the hours aren't ideal, he had the best customer service so far. Hadn't been to Miller in 10 years so wifey and I drove there yesterday to take a look....yes, it was iced over in spots!

I will call Chip tomorrow and figure out when I can meet up to pay for 2012.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Registered

Thats good to hear that Millers is doing rack storage again, I wish there were more marina's that would do it to keep the cost down. I racked stored a 24 Sunsation and a 29 Enticer at Beacon Cove Marina from 1992 to 2005 and was pretty happy with there operation except they couldn't take my 38 when I got it. F.Y.I. they do rack one 34 Vyper inside but said they will not do any others and he is grandfathered in. That boat maxs out there swing room inside the building with very little room to spare from hitting anything. They will and do rack larger boats outside the building but they are uncovered.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Registered

Yes it's a hike to sassy's, I do like coming out of the Salt River on Anchor Bay because thats where I do most of my boating. everything is around there like, Tyrst (old Tin Fish), Munchies Bay, Poor Mans/Macrays,Clinton River, Metro, The North and middle channels, Strawberry island, The Moot, etc,
Old 01-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Registered

There is Keans and maybe one other marina on the Detroit River that will Rack store, but there in a chity area and when your boats launched you have a ways to get to any decent boating spots. They would be about 1k cheaper for the year for me, but it would still cost more overall with the extra gas to drive to the marina and the extra gas for the boat to get to the areas I always go........Plus the extra ammunition for being in the hood!...lol
Old 01-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Registered

My wife must have called Anchor Bay 6-8 times and begged for a call back...hard for me to spend $ there.

I know what you mean and that would piss me off too, if there automated voice machine answers you have to dial the extension for Jean and or leave a message with her if you didn't yet. Doug is very hard to get a hold of/ and or returns calls, overall though, still a very good place to keep your boat with better hours of operation than most.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Registered

Secured a rack with Chip at Miller Marina. Nice guy, nice marina, nice price for the year.

Few more weeks till the boat is brought up....getting excited!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Registered

Boat is on the way up. Thanks Dave for everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.