Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
air conditioning install in Avenger 38 >

air conditioning install in Avenger 38

Notices

air conditioning install in Avenger 38

Old 07-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really nice job on the install. looks Great.
I'm adding an Air Conditioner in my Vyper and really like the cup holder conversion to outlets. Thinking about the Head outlet too. Great ideas for me to ponder.

Thanks for the reply in the Avenge thread. While I did a search, I some how missed, this thread.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem at all, happy to help. One thing I did not mention is that we added a check valve to keep the system primed when you pull the boat. Too often, we put in late at night for the start of a trip and just idle to a slip. That is not enough to prime it the first night, so we first added a hose attachment to prime at the dock. Kind of a hassle, so we added the valve and it works perfect. Just a thought to consider....
Old 05-31-2013, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome job on the A/C install!, I am considering adding air to my Avenger as well, it a 1997. Where did the factory install the A/C on the Avengers? Wasn’t it at the bottom of the hanging locker? I am assuming that area is to tight or not as accessible friendly when to add A/C after the factory build. Also from one of your pictures did you end up splicing your sink drain back in to the original drain hole on the side of the boat?