Alternatives? >

Alternatives?

Notices

Alternatives?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternatives?

With the failed resurrection of PQ what would be your next brand? I love my two PQs but when and if the time comes to move on what would I choose? Lots of awesome boats out there…NT & OL but out of my price range right now; AT, Sonic & PowerPlay (so happy they’re back) classic looks with lots of features; Donzi & Cigs? Fountains & Formulas proven and cool but out dated?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Powerquest are cool boats, and I think it sucks they are not made anymore!

Checkmate makes a great alternative, they always have. Black Thunder makes the best overall bang for the buck if you want to step up from the 380 to another go fast with amenities!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably PowerPlay, almost ended up in a 33 but decided to wait a year ... Priorities you know... Lol
Old 04-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

37 Active thunder
Old 04-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Registered

I like what formula has to offer in there 35 and 38 fastech as far as a overall great boat with speed and room and ability to handle about anything, (maybe a little overpriced?)but do you think they are really out dated? They are pretty big by me on the west side of big lake MI!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Probably PowerPlay, almost ended up in a 33 but decided to wait a year ... Priorities you know... Lol
Sounds like confused priorities to me...
Old 04-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4SpeedGTCS
With the failed resurrection of PQ what would be your next brand? I love my two PQs but when and if the time comes to move on what would I choose? Lots of awesome boats out there…NT & OL but out of my price range right now; AT, Sonic & PowerPlay (so happy they’re back) classic looks with lots of features; Donzi & Cigs? Fountains & Formulas proven and cool but out dated?
Powerplay is classic look but Cig is outdated, not sure I understand that one. Both awesome boats. Formula fasteks implementation of a go fast style wise is similar to the PQs IMO. At least several have compared them as similar over the years.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I really like the Active Thunder lines, the 33 and 37 tickle my fancy....
Old 04-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Powerplay is classic look but Cig is outdated, not sure I understand that one. Both awesome boats. Formula fasteks implementation of a go fast style wise is similar to the PQs IMO. At least several have compared them as similar over the years.
Just throwing out some thoughts...No Cigs are not outdated, nor Donzi, lots of recent changes. Has Formula changed since fastek? Fountain any updates...both great boats but nothing appears different, are they that good they need no changes?
Yes PQ very similar to Formulas but would PQ buyers go to that brand or really change it up.
Started this thread to see what PQ people would lean toward next, styling, amenities, performance...no wrong answers. lol.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Not much has changed in the fasteks since they introduced them in the late 90s. That's usually the knock on them by some people. It seems to me peoples final preferences are driven by the desire for pure speed versus a balance of speed and amenities and space. Let's face it, all of them are a luxury in life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.