Pass the word on this boat >

Pass the word on this boat

Notices

Pass the word on this boat

Old 05-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pass the word on this boat

Just wanted to put this out there for you guys to pass the word on this 1993 Powerquest 270 laser. It has issues and I don't want to see somone get screwed over. I came on here a while ago and asked about this boat and finally got a chance to have a marina do an inspection and water test. For him to say there are no issues absolutely amazes me. I would love to see him produce the receipt for the current inspection, because he won't. The marina I had inspect it is watching out for it too.

I just had it checked out and there are issues.
1.) Port side engine won't go above 4000 rpms
2.) Starboard has a finger size hole in the steering belows.
3.) Throttle cables are very very hard and need replacing. When switching between forward and reverse it gets held up so badly that is actaully stalls itself out.
5.) On the bottom right below the drain plug there is a chip through the gelcoat and you can see fiberglass.
6.) I was told 400-500 hours and now he says 600. Incredible!
7.) It will need some serious detailing to the gelcoat to make it look good again. Those pictures are old.
8.) Trailer isn't very good either. Brakes don't work, lights work on occasion and it is rusting all over.
9.) Not all the guages work and for some reason the starboard engine warning was stuck on for a while. Did eventually turn off, but didn't want to pay them to inspect it further.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/2997386232.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ectorid=229466

Last edited by vheim; 05-06-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added craigslist link
Old 05-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those seem like pretty minor issues that are all easy fixes for a 20 year boat at that price. A grand in repairs and its still cheaper then any other comperable boat out there right now.