280 Procharger COMPLETE! >

280 Procharger COMPLETE!

Notices

280 Procharger COMPLETE!

Old 05-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh LaFountain
I doubt it. My 502 is just stock with headers and a procharger on 5 lbs.
actually we probly have similar power...im around 600-625hp
good luck
Old 05-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by dwinters321
what prop were you running?
30P B1 that Im testing from BBlades I think im gonna need a 32.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by pqjack
actually we probly have similar power...im around 600-625hp
good luck
probley. Im expecting 80+ if it dosent do 80 ill be dissapointed and ill have to go with a 7lb pully. LOL.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well the prop im testing from BBlades is too small. Went to the river yesterday and hit 73 and was on the edge of the rev limiter. It hole shots like a bat out of hell thoe and the mid range accelleration is very impressive. it looks like im gonna need a 32p B1. It should get my Rs down to 4900 or so and pick up a few MPH. The guys at BBlades said im getting a ton of prop slip. over 20%. I need to be around 12% Anybody know anything about the 280s? Is high slip% common with them? possably because of the huge step???? I do have a spacer on it that is suppost to help. Im very dissapointed with the numbers im getting. Even with the right Prop im not going to see 80mph. What kind of numbers have you all seen with the 280s Procharged? BOB280 wasnt yours procharged? how did it run??
Old 05-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Registered

I wouldn't get too down just yet Josh, I don't see any reason why you couldn't still see 80 with some more prop/setup work. Basically you have a hot rod that won't hook up and all your speed is being wasted. Tough to guage your top speed until you cut your slip by nearly half.

Here's a cool link to play around with
http://www.mercuryracing.com/propell...calculator.php

Enjoy the process, dialing in a boat can be a good experience and you learn a lot about what a particular boat likes/doesn't like.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

maybe try a 5 blade hydromotive or something
Old 05-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
I wouldn't get too down just yet Josh, I don't see any reason why you couldn't still see 80 with some more prop/setup work. Basically you have a hot rod that won't hook up and all your speed is being wasted. Tough to guage your top speed until you cut your slip by nearly half.

Here's a cool link to play around with
http://www.mercuryracing.com/propell...calculator.php

Enjoy the process, dialing in a boat can be a good experience and you learn a lot about what a particular boat likes/doesn't like.
Thanks. Im sure if it can happen the guys at bblades can fig it out.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Registered

I was waiting to see what you ran . I was thinking you was going to be around 80 with a 30P ,with almost the same set up and a 28P I could run 76 anytime. Only difference was fuel rail work.hope you get it dialed in soon.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 3.5lb pro charger. I have seen 75 gps. Prop slip on that hull is ridiculous. I am running 28 bravo. I also have a 26 maximus 5 blade. Cruising with 5 blade is great but lost a little top end. I also have a spacer that helped. I run at 4900. Try to remove your drive shower pick up. Mine sat to deep and disturbed the water. Check your prop to see if it lost its finish. If it was shiny stainless and now dull like it sat in the water it is because it is slipping so much it heats up and then the water burns spots in it.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered

I had BBlades lab a 26 pitch for me over the winter. I had it out last weekend after installing a 1" spacer and still only hit 62 GPS. It calculates to a 22% slip. I emailed BBlades and am waiting on a response. There has to be a way to get the prop slip down in the mid teens which would allow me to run in the high 60s. Keep us posted on the progress

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.