Old 05-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice boat....welcome aboard,cory
Old 05-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory H
I have seen where the A/C was located, but what size unit would be needed? 6oooBTU, 9000BTU?

Also, where is the battery charger. I do not recall seeing one, but assume it was included with the shorepower package.
PM member PWRQUEST he installed heat/ac on his 380, he will have more.info
Old 05-19-2012, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were you able to get rid of the rattle?

Is an on-board charger standard with the shorepower system? Where is it located?
Yes the rattles from the sliding door are completely gone.

I am almost certain the charger would have been standard with factory installed shore power but I will double check. I have an original 1997 Powerquest catalog. Mine is mounted on the wall behind the back seat in the engine compt.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wizzards Turbo Cut with a heavy cut wool pad, Wizzards Fine Cut with a Finish Cut wool pad, 3m Finesse-It with a black foam finishing pad and the last of my Frenzy Wax.

Unfortunately, Frenzy is NLA. It was the best wax I have ever used. Not sure what I will go to next.
I have been using Collinite 885 Fleet paste wax, It's been rated very high for durability and I found it's better than anything I have used before including the Frenzy. The Collinite paste wax is just a protector so it has no cleaning ability. I will use Presta Products Chroma 1500 polish or Finesse it 2 first then the wax.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen where the A/C was located, but what size unit would be needed? 6oooBTU, 9000BTU?

Also, where is the battery charger. I do not recall seeing one, but assume it was included with the shorepower package.
So I went through my old PQ brochures, '95, '96, '97 model years. Only in the '95 do they list the A/C as 6000 BTU, shore power standard but no mention of a battery charger. In '96 both the shore power and charger are listed as standard and for '97 shore power standard but battery charger is optional.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I am working in Austin, TX until Thursday, May 24th. I will look a little closer then. A charger will likely be my first upgrade. Had one on my last boat standard with the shorepower set-up and loved the peace of mind.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Registered

On a twin engine application, am correct in thinking that the Starboard engine/battery provides the DC power to the lighting and cabin accessries and the Port battery is simply for starting the port engine?
Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Get a charles C3000 i beleive. Run the power wire from your AC(electrical panel) back to your charger mounted on your forward engine bulkhead. From there, you can rune charging wires to however many batterys ou need to. THis is how 3 of my Black Thunders have been set up.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a twin engine application, am correct in thinking that the Starboard engine/battery provides the DC power to the lighting and cabin accessries and the Port battery is simply for starting the port engine?
Do a search and you will see Macklin posted an email from PQ that stated how they wired them....I can't remember.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Registered

Found it, thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.