Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
whats the ride diff between 280 silencer an baja 29 outlaw >

whats the ride diff between 280 silencer an baja 29 outlaw

Notices

whats the ride diff between 280 silencer an baja 29 outlaw

Old 06-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Clinton Marine. His sons ran GRB Marine at LOTO. Many of the Bajas that Clinton Marine sold went down to LOTO and were delivered by GRB. Ended up getting him in trouble with Baja when Big Thunder at LOTO complained GRB was dealing Bajas at the lake through Clinton Marine. At the time Big Thunder was the largest Baja dealer in the country. Ended up with Clinton losing the Baja dealership in central IL.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Clinton Marine. His sons ran GRB Marine at LOTO. Many of the Bajas that Clinton Marine sold went down to LOTO and were delivered by GRB. Ended up getting him in trouble with Baja when Big Thunder at LOTO complained GRB was dealing Bajas at the lake through Clinton Marine. At the time Big Thunder was the largest Baja dealer in the country. Ended up with Clinton losing the Baja dealership in central IL.
Ouch!!!!! Greed will bite you in the ass.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Didn't really matter in the end. GRB and Big Thunder closed their doors a number of years ago at LOTO. There were so many Bajas sold at LOTO there was plenty to go around for both dealers. I took my PQ in for service at Big Thunder one year while I was on vacation there and it was a very bad experience. Went from there directly to GRB and they diagnosed and fixed the problem that same day.

Some of the employees at Big Thunder took a customers Outlaw out while it was in for service and partied on it. Someone damaged the headliner in it and they tried to screw it back up to the deck, screw went all the way through the deck and the sharp end was sticking up above the deck. Obviously too much alcohol involved. But not a place you want to take your boat for service.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Didn't really matter in the end. GRB and Big Thunder closed their doors a number of years ago at LOTO. There were so many Bajas sold at LOTO there was plenty to go around for both dealers. I took my PQ in for service at Big Thunder one year while I was on vacation there and it was a very bad experience. Went from there directly to GRB and they diagnosed and fixed the problem that same day.

Some of the employees at Big Thunder took a customers Outlaw out while it was in for service and partied on it. Someone damaged the headliner in it and they tried to screw it back up to the deck, screw went all the way through the deck and the sharp end was sticking up above the deck. Obviously too much alcohol involved. But not a place you want to take your boat for service.
Id rip someones throat out and ass f#ck them with it. Thats horrable.as a business owner i couldnt imagine joy riding my customers car. Unbeleavable!
Old 06-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Registered

Josh,

Sorry you live an area where the Baja owners are like that. But don't group them all together like that. I live in a heavy Baja area too (really the midwest is heavy Baja area) and owned 3 myself(all together 7 in my family). Most of the folks around here that I with are Baja owners and don't act like that. Can't speak for them, but I love all powerboats and will talk boats with anyone, and about any boat. I have drooled over Sunnys, Profiles, PQs,etc etc that have parked next to me.

For my area, just in the past few years have we seen a large influx of other brands start showing up. And a big problem is alot of the powerboat owners from my area are not on the boating websites. So yeah alot of them might not be up on other models.

Guess I'm just saying, don't hate on all us Baja guys....we aint all bad.

If your ever down on the Ohio at Evansville, In. Give me a shout and lets drink a beer and talk about PQs, Baja, Cigs, C-mates etc til blue in the face.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jplanes
Bottom line, I really don't care what you have, the sweetest boat, car, motorcycle, what ever....but if your an ass hat, it negates what you have.
Couldn't agree with you more. But as someone else said, don't group us all together.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mcourson
Josh,

Sorry you live an area where the Baja owners are like that. But don't group them all together like that. I live in a heavy Baja area too (really the midwest is heavy Baja area) and owned 3 myself(all together 7 in my family). Most of the folks around here that I with are Baja owners and don't act like that. Can't speak for them, but I love all powerboats and will talk boats with anyone, and about any boat. I have drooled over Sunnys, Profiles, PQs,etc etc that have parked next to me.

For my area, just in the past few years have we seen a large influx of other brands start showing up. And a big problem is alot of the powerboat owners from my area are not on the boating websites. So yeah alot of them might not be up on other models.

Guess I'm just saying, don't hate on all us Baja guys....we aint all bad.

If your ever down on the Ohio at Evansville, In. Give me a shout and lets drink a beer and talk about PQs, Baja, Cigs, C-mates etc til blue in the face.
Sounds good man. Im only an hour and a half from evansville. My best friend graduated from UE and we planed on hanging out there a couple times tgis summer. Ill hit ya up.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Couldn't agree with you more. But as someone else said, don't group us all together.
I don't. Like I said my buddy has a 33 outlaw (Butt he sure does love it ), another has a 26 fountain, and a couple other open bow and ski boats. I love anything that has a motor and I can drive it! I just never understood arrogance from someone that I don't personally know, yet 90% of the guys around here have never heard of another manufacture other than Baja. If you ever met me you'll know that I'm the most laid back guy that loves to go fast (of course I own a 290, so not that fast on the water), drink beer, and just chill with GOOD people!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Hey I owned 3 Bajas in the past,,thats back when I was a pric.k...since I switched to PQs people love me...
Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

oh the difference in the two boats are 1 foot and one additional engine..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.