whats the ride diff between 280 silencer an baja 29 outlaw >

whats the ride diff between 280 silencer an baja 29 outlaw

Notices

whats the ride diff between 280 silencer an baja 29 outlaw

Old 06-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the ride diff between 280 silencer an baja 29 outlaw

]I'm looking to go up alittle I have a 99 280 silencer an I'm looking for a little bigger twin. I love the PQ I have but I want bigger how much of a better ride do u think a 29 ol would have an what bought fuel . Were do they cruise with standard power thanks

I no fuel will be way more at that
Old 06-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have a buddy with a 29 ol with 496 mag ho's it runs mid to upper 70s. Dosent ride any better than my 280. Over all i like my boat better. But im also a bias opinion being that im a baja hater.not big on the fact that thay are a production boat and people think thay are some high end boat like cig or something. ........

....PS...ive seen them stress crack..PQ dont
Old 06-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

if ya wanna step up stay with PQ and get a 300 revenge or a 340 viper.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dra200832
]I'm looking to go up alittle I have a 99 280 silencer an I'm looking for a little bigger twin. I love the PQ I have but I want bigger how much of a better ride do u think a 29 ol would have an what bought fuel . Were do they cruise with standard power thanks

I no fuel will be way more at that
Hard to quantify difference in ride. I've only been in a 280 a couple of times. I remember them riding decent but IMO there is a noticable difference in ride. I also prefer the handeling of the 29 OL.

Fuel won't be a huge difference. I have twin 496 mags in mine. I run with several friends that have boats with single 496 HO's. On long runs when we're all running the same speed I burn 30 - 50% more fuel than they do. It helps that I can cruise the same speeds at lower rpm.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Josh LaFountain
I have a buddy with a 29 ol with 496 mag ho's it runs mid to upper 70s. Dosent ride any better than my 280. Over all i like my boat better. But im also a bias opinion being that im a baja hater.not big on the fact that thay are a production boat and people think thay are some high end boat like cig or something. ........

Really???? Not all of us can afford to run around in a custom built Powerquest.

Last edited by Baja_342; 06-04-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Who said PQ were custom build dick? Were i boat at all the baja ownes THINK baja is the baddest best fastest boat on the market and i get sick of hearing it. The majority of them have never heard of anything other than a baja or fountain and thay call them all "cigar boats". Its not necessarily that baja is an inferior boat its the quality of the owners that i am around that i have a problem with.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Buddy's 270 PQ stress cracked like a biotch first year he had it at LOTO. It was a '98 and this was in 1999.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jmeng
Hard to quantify difference in ride. I've only been in a 280 a couple of times. I remember them riding decent but IMO there is a noticable difference in ride. I also prefer the handeling of the 29 OL.

Fuel won't be a huge difference. I have twin 496 mags in mine. I run with several friends that have boats with single 496 HO's. On long runs when we're all running the same speed I burn 30 - 50% more fuel than they do. It helps that I can cruise the same speeds at lower rpm.
The 29 does handle better. Thats the only botch i have with my 280 is its handeling. The step hull makes is dangerous to turn at high speeds.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeng
Fuel won't be a huge difference. On long runs when we're all running the same speed I burn 30 - 50% more fuel than they do.
30-50% is not a lot to you? Sounds like a Hell of a lot to me!

Baja342- cmon now there is no reason to get butthurt over all this... Baja made a Sharp looking boat. PQ's were hand laid and have a reputation for being very soundly built hull's, with the 300 being designed by John Cosker I'd say that gives it a little bit of a more custom feeling than a Baja.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Its not necessarily that baja is an inferior boat its the quality of the owners that i am around that i have a problem with.
LOL I had this very same problem with Sunsation people!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.