Notices

Schematic

Old 07-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Schematic

Anybody have any PQ wiring schematics? Mostly need to see how twin bilge with water sensors is supposed to be connected at the switch. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these are very simple circuits, the switch will provide ground when you want to turn on the pump, the float switch will also provide ground to the circuit also, just wire it between the pump and the manual switch, it it floats up will will provide ground no matter what position the manual switch is in. 12v always present at the motor, pick up 12v before batt switch

Last edited by 290enticer; 07-23-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I understand how the circuit is supposed to work, but I have an extra wire that is very near the bilge switch that never got hooked back up when the panels were painted. Everything appears to be there on the switch though. It is a 10 or 12 gauge brown with a red stripe. It has no voltage on it, and has no continuity to ground.
I have intermittent blower operation, and when that happens the bilge switch lights up. So, it appears the blowers and bilges share a ground that is sometimes not there. The ground at the switches is all chained together.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Registered

have you traced the wire down to see where it goes, does it maybe go to the circuit breaker? If the bilge pumps work per design but have intermittent blower operation, I would try to trace blower circuits down, Mine have ALOT of wires that don't seem to go anywhere, something probably has been changed somewhere along the way, everything works though. I know the browns and blacks seem to be grounds on these boats.. maybe someone else will chime in.. I can pull my dash open and see whats what, but mine may be very different than yours?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Well I tried to figure out where it goes, but you know how that is. I could not see that wire in the bundle heading to the engine bay while nearly standing on my head.
The strange thing about this is the blowers and bilge will both work fine, or not work at all. Everything else is fine all the time. With the indicator light on the opposite switch that's turned on tells me the component is looking for a ground. Could be wrong though. On the 300, the bilge and blower switches are not even close together at all.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does sound like a ground issue....
Old 07-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

I know the intermittent issues are hard to find, try to duplicate the issue and grab a dvom and see why they don't work...either losing ground or b+?? good luck
Old 07-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Thanks, I think I'm gonna just ground the bilges and blowers myself so I know the location.