Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Anyone have any updates planned over winter? >

Anyone have any updates planned over winter?

Notices

Anyone have any updates planned over winter?

Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
He worked for Sterling when I did and now works for himself doing work for many of the areas top builders. He's done several sets for me and always surprised with the power.
Does he have a name? What top builders does he do work for? Just curious.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

His names Shawn. He's worked for Dart and Sterling in the past and does the port work for Champion Performance. Not sure he does work direct or if prefers to go through a shop so i'd rather not post contact info. If anyone needs a set done feel free to send me a PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

His names Shawn. He's worked for Dart and Sterling in the past and does the port work for Champion Performance. Not sure he does work direct or if prefers to go through a shop so i'd rather not post contact info. If anyone needs a set done feel free to send me a PM.
I wonder if he is the same guy that Frank at Scorpion Racing told me they use??
Old 12-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Registered

As far as updates go, I have done quite a bit already since I got this boat in 06. This year, other than the normal maintenance and detailing the biggest updates will be replacing my original cockpit carpet and added/adding blue led lighting. One picture shows where I already added blue rope lighting around the seating area in the cabin (that’s my Daughter standing in the middle) it’s wired to an extra switch on the electrical panel in the cabin. The other pictures are where I am adding LEDS in the cockpit. I will have 4 in the cockpit wired to a open accessory switch on the dash, the 2 lights above the back seat speakers will be hidden once the seat is on for the indirect lighting effect.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have any updates planned over winter?-blue-light-dash.jpg   Anyone have any updates planned over winter?-blue-light-dash-light.jpg   Anyone have any updates planned over winter?-light-hole.jpg  

Anyone have any updates planned over winter?-rope-light-cabin.jpg  
Old 12-06-2012, 05:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the lights jonny b good! I installed Lumitec blue LED lights in the cockpit and on the radar arch this summer and could not be happier with them. Looks great! What brand did you use?

My early spring time plans are to install about 3 or 4 blue/white underwater Lumitec LED lights on the stern. We may have a AC unit installed as well, but the lights are a definite.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lastcall02
Love the lights jonny b good! I installed Lumitec blue LED lights in the cockpit and on the radar arch this summer and could not be happier with them. Looks great! What brand did you use?

My early spring time plans are to install about 3 or 4 blue/white underwater Lumitec LED lights on the stern. We may have a AC unit installed as well, but the lights are a definite.
Thanks, They are West Marine Platinum Series LED recessed lights. They were about $ 25.00 each. You can get them in white powder coat or brushed alum.finish in blue, red, and white light. A/C would be a great upgrade!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered

got my first boat with ac . boy i tell ya . its worth it if youre going to stay over night in it . just love it , steamy windows .
Old 12-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Registered

Thanks....im not familiar with him, Champion of course yes.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
got my first boat with ac . boy i tell ya . its worth it if youre going to stay over night in it . just love it , steamy windows .
Well, my first boat had air....as you said, never have another without it!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

He worked for Sterling when I did and now works for himself doing work for many of the areas top builders. He's done several sets for me and always surprised with the power.
Strickly heads or will he work on the intake as well?
I have spoken to a member on here that has massaged 525's and I want someone that can do the complete pkg.
Obviously he can/ will do complete valvetrains?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.