How about a 237 stryker sx ?? >

How about a 237 stryker sx ??

Notices

How about a 237 stryker sx ??

Old 07-19-2002, 09:26 AM
MATTT

Default How about a 237 stryker sx ??

Well,

I could not get any info for the 22raizor. Maybe no one on this board own a 22. Spent some time and think about it, I decided to lean to the 237 Stryker. I live on Gun Lake and it is shallow, I some time would like to take my boat out to the big lake. So, I am looking for a boat that I can use for inland lake and the big lake. Does any one on the board own a 237 ??? What engine should I go for so that it would not be under power ?? This is an excellent site, I am having fun so far reading some of the thread. I never own a PQ before and looking to buy one at the end of the summer. Please, I need your help on making my decision.

Thank you so much.

Mattt.

Old 07-19-2002, 09:33 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot speak for the 237 Powerquest but I do have a Eliminator 236 Eagle XP, It is a similar size and weighs in at 3500 Lbs. It has a 454 Mag MPI and it runs 68 Mph Maxed out. I wish I had the 502 It would most like lkely be a 70 MPH Boat. But in this size boat 68 is plenty fast. The stryker is a 23 degree deadrise and my Eliminator is 22 degrees They would be very similar in performance. The PQ may be a tad slower but a slight bit better in the rough water. But I have not seen a Stryker personally.
Old 07-19-2002, 11:39 AM
MATTT

Raypanic,

Thanks for the info. What is the most rough water condition you ever took your boat out to, 3'-5' wave??? Any one esle on the board has more info ?

Thanks,

Mattt.

Old 07-19-2002, 05:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not even close, I have it on an inland lake, Light chop only and the occasional wake. I got Air once, no big deal landed right side up. Sorry I cannot help more.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like we need to talk! I just happen to have a 237 SX for sale . Its a 2001 brochure boat. The boat it great, rough water handling is awsome. It is not the fastest boat out there, but then again it is only a 7.4 MPI motor.. 310 HP. Top end I have seen in it is 56-57, but I believe some playing with prop will make it a little quicker(or maybe a wipple? ) The worst thing that has happened to the boat is the trim pump broke. Other than that I have had NO problems with it. This is my first offshore boat and I think it is the perfect size for someone who has not gone into this style of boat. Its time for me to move up in the boat size and that is the ONLY reason I am selling it. I do have one picture in the readers rides section, its me having a little "fun" in Daytona beach with it. If you want any more info on it let ne know! The ad for the boat is in the classifieds.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:31 PM
Gold Member

still waiting for a reply on that one... what happened there matt?
Old 07-23-2002, 12:37 PM
MATTT

ChrisK,

Sorry for taking too long to get back, I had Monday off so I couldn't look at the web. I'll look at the picture in the readers ride and will let you know. I do have a question for you, why only put 310 hs in your boat ??? Don't you think a boat that side could handle an engine with more horse powers ??

Thanks,

Mattt.

Old 07-23-2002, 06:54 PM
Gold Member

Its what the boat came with. I would have put more HP in it like the new 8.1, but hey whatcha gonna do? Still runs pretty strong for only a 7.4.