Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
need advice on 280 >

need advice on 280

Notices

need advice on 280

Old 03-09-2013, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
Dude,,,the only thing PQ build is the hull,,,the rest such as Gages,steering,,windshield ,,cabin door,,vinyl,,stainless hardware,,stereo,,hatches,,etc,,YEP ALL still available,,PQ builds the HULL and bought everything else from outside sources,(they did have a upholstery shop but any upholstery shop could repair something down the road0,no different then any other boat manufacture,,,,(with the acception of fountain,,ALL build in house,,kidding)
I know my avatar shows I own a Fountain but I have owned 7 PQs over the last 15 years (one was a 280 with a 500hp) and had been at the factory 35-40 while they were building the ones I ordered new,,and PQ build a solid boat second to NONE..

as far as the 496 not been in production,,,only one reason GM stopped building the big block 8.1l which is what the 496 is,,they are bullet proof engines,,had 2 PQ 300s with twin 496 set ups and the ran strong,,and I know a liitle about engines because I have been a GM Master tech for the last 28 years so I think I know a little of what I am talking about,,well maybe not

as far as the BS on the other thread you started on the general discussion,,,,that is all it is BS!!!!
oh and forgot to mention it has a bravo x drive with shower
Old 03-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fctyson0
x comes on a 496. Drive shower added on.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Oooooohhhhh,,,you never said anything about a Bravo X drive until now,,,,I would for sure take a pass.....
Old 03-09-2013, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by boatnt
Oooooohhhhh,,,you never said anything about a Bravo X drive until now,,,,I would for sure take a pass.....
could you explain a little more?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He was kidding...
Old 03-09-2013, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
He was kidding...
I was thinking that bit wasn't sure if they had problems with that drive
Old 03-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you have been looking for a nice clean turn key boat and not having muck luck right? Now you have found one but are afraid of paying too much? You are also concerned with how much you spend now compared to resale down the road? This will be your first performance boat? Not trying to sound condescending but it is a boat. It is not an investment. You are taking a gamble on resale no matter what you spend. Good boats are worth the money. 5k difference in price could be the difference between having a great time the next few years making great memories with family and friends or becoming bitter and losing interest along with money. Just ask the guy sipping a beer at the marina or the guy with the boat sitting behind the garage with a weathered blue tarp over it...
Old 03-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Registered

just kidding...didnt mean to make you nervous...
Old 03-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
So you have been looking for a nice clean turn key boat and not having muck luck right? Now you have found one but are afraid of paying too much? You are also concerned with how much you spend now compared to resale down the road? This will be your first performance boat? Not trying to sound condescending but it is a boat. It is not an investment. You are taking a gamble on resale no matter what you spend. Good boats are worth the money. 5k difference in price could be the difference between having a great time the next few years making great memories with family and friends or becoming bitter and losing interest along with money. Just ask the guy sipping a beer at the marina or the guy with the boat sitting behind the garage with a weathered blue tarp over it...
Very true.....
Old 03-09-2013, 09:44 PM

So it sounds like 34k is still a good price?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.