Have new Avenger and have a few questions >

Have new Avenger and have a few questions

Notices

Have new Avenger and have a few questions

Old 05-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have new Avenger and have a few questions

Now that I have this Avenger I have a few questions on how things work / what some things are:

1. The port side of the boat there are two drains out the side of the boat, one is for the sink drain, what is the other drain for?

2. The starboard side also has a drain out the side of the boat, what is this for?

3. Where does the drain in the bottom of the shower/head drain to? I wouldn't think this drains to the holding tank of the pump-out head.

4. Under the bunch seat in the cabin area the seats remove and there is a storage area. Wife was cleaning the port side and dumped a bucket of bleach / water mixture down it and it did not drain out very well, actually the carpet got wet...should this drain back eventually to the engine bilge?

Thanks much for any help / direction.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Air conditioning discharge.
2. Shower discharge
3. Shower sump box behind the carpet panel under the step entering the boat...changed mine last night. Pain in the ass. See above question 2.
4. Unsure what you mean??
Old 05-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info, how does the shower sump turn on...float switch or manual switch somewhere?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rock Star
Thanks for the info, how does the shower sump turn on...float switch or manual switch somewhere?
No prob.

It is a sealed box, with a float and a pump inside. When I bought my boat I turned on the shower (new for me so just playing with everything) and saw it didn't work. Through research on here (Boatnt is a great resource and I learned a lot from him) found it was where I said.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Registered

The new box I bought, same brand attwood marine, has the float built into the pump not separate like I removed. I got the 750gph model standard size box.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
No prob.

It is a sealed box, with a float and a pump inside. When I bought my boat I turned on the shower (new for me so just playing with everything) and saw it didn't work. Through research on here (Boatnt is a great resource and I learned a lot from him) found it was where I said.
Thanks..

the reason they have it set up like that is because the drain hose hull fitting is higher than the shower floor (drain)..

My buddy Calvin and I worked on his 38 today,,we removed the pump assembly with the float and installed a in line pump wired to a switch located inside the bathroom,,this way he can manually turn it on when using the shower and it drains much faster.

we also replaced the depth finder,,the puck is located under the fridge in case anyone needs to know...
Old 05-12-2013, 05:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
Thanks..

the reason they have it set up like that is because the drain hose hull fitting is higher than the shower floor (drain)..

My buddy Calvin and I worked on his 38 today,,we removed the pump assembly with the float and installed a in line pump wired to a switch located inside the bathroom,,this way he can manually turn it on when using the shower and it drains much faster.

we also replaced the depth finder,,the puck is located under the fridge in case anyone needs to know...
Sounds like good progress.

Big question.

My depth puck is in the engine bay just ahead of the starboard motor. It works off/on as it can get air or lack of steady contact with water to work.

I wonder how it works under the fridge - I would imagine that area of the hull to be out of the water while on plane???

Thanks.

Jeff
Old 05-12-2013, 06:20 AM
Registered

(Boatnt is a great resource and I learned a lot from him) [/QUOTE]

He is a real life superhero
Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffgrice2
Sounds like good progress.

Big question.

My depth puck is in the engine bay just ahead of the starboard motor. It works off/on as it can get air or lack of steady contact with water to work.

I wonder how it works under the fridge - I would imagine that area of the hull to be out of the water while on plane???

Thanks.

Jeff
on a step bottom boat it has to be placed in front of the steps or else it wont work because of all the air between the hull and the water,,
Old 05-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
on a step bottom boat it has to be placed in front of the steps or else it wont work because of all the air between the hull and the water,,

Ah ha....mine is a 95 340 and non-step.

Thanks!

Jeff