Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No harm on trailer finish?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ajfisher
No harm on trailer finish?
Hi AJ,

No the power 1 is biodegradable too. I did the cleaning on a rack fixture though, easier than on the trailer.

I took 3 cleaners, Simple Green, Power 1, and Ringo. I then sectioned off 3 areas on the hull bottom and applied each product. The Power 1 was a runaway. Following was Ringo and to be honest, Simple Green didn't do much of anything.

I did some research on Slimy Grimy and appears MANY people like it. Seems though it is an acid based cleaner and I don't want that. I could be wrong, so if some one knows please correct me.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Thanks for reporting your findings Keith. I have always used Power One. Tried others but came back.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:10 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ringo has to sit on the surface for a bit. I Ringo the entire bottom, and by the time I m finished, I rinse where I started and it is like new clean.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 06-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BillR
Ringo has to sit on the surface for a bit. I Ringo the entire bottom, and by the time I m finished, I rinse where I started and it is like new clean.
Bill, admittedly, I didn't do it that way. I applied Ringo on a damp rag. Like applying wax, I rubbed it on the hull in a 2'x2' area. I then rinsed off.

I'll try your method next time and report back again.

Should the hull be wet or dry when applying??
Old 06-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
, Simple Green didn't do much of anything. .
no the simple green wont do anything on the outside,,I was not sure what you were trying to clean...

I always had good luck with the Works bathtub cleaner,,buy it at the dollar store and i pour it in a spray bottle and by the time im done spraying the bottom of the boat its white again,,
Old 06-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Lots of folks that boat on Clinton here in central IL use the Works. It works great for the stains left by the local pond. Knot tried Power 1 once on his hull but it didn't take out the stains. But when we use Power 1 on the stains caused by a season in LOTO on my boat they disappear within a couple seconds after you spray it on the bottom. No rubbing required. I just rinse it off with a hose. Takes about 10-15 minutes to do the bottom at the end of the season. I have also used it on rust stains from well water that form under a faucet or on concrete - takes years of rust stain out in seconds.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
no the simple green wont do anything on the outside,,I was not sure what you were trying to clean,,
all good, I had some so figured I'd give it a go. Thanks for the tip regarding the Works, I'll look into that.

I'm just looking for something cheap, non acid based and effective....may e they don't all fit together.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Registered

The thing that is imperative on Power 1 is the surface needs to be completely dry to work...if not, poor results.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
all good, I had some so figured I'd give it a go. Thanks for the tip regarding the Works, I'll look into that.

I'm just looking for something cheap, non acid based and effective....may e they don't all fit together.
I hear you...the Works is about $1.50 a bottle and about 4 bottles will do the job,,works great on the exhaust tips as well..
I figured if its safe enough to spray in the bathtub and rinse down the drain its good enough for me to use on the boat..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.