PQ 222 Spectra XL First Boat? >

PQ 222 Spectra XL First Boat?

Notices

PQ 222 Spectra XL First Boat?

Old 10-28-2013, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PQ 222 Spectra XL First Boat?

Im interested in possibly purchasing a 1992 PQ 222 Spectra XL. This will be my very first boat, and while Im fairly handy mechanically, I dont know much when Im looking at a boat. Is there anything to look for on this specific model, both physically and mechanically? The boat has 550 hours on it and has a 7.4/B1 setup. I had a tough time finding any flaws on the exterior of the hull, besides the typical light oxidation on the gel coat. The interior was pretty clean, along with the engine compartment. 99% of this boats time will be spent on Lake St Clair here in Michigan. Does anyone have any opinions, good or bad, on this model? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Registered

Well I looked over the boat again yesterday and I really like it. I scheduled a survey on it for Friday afternoon. Hoping to join the PQ family soon!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Registered

Congrats man. Hope everything works out for you and the survey comes back good. Let us know how it goes.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Registered

I just sold my 222 Spectra. It was a great boat. I took it out on Lake St. Clair quite a few times. The only problem i ever had was some blistering of the gelcoat where it sat on the trailer bunks.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Registered

The survey and sea trial went really well. Boat was dry and solid as a rock. It ran strong and pulled smoothly up to 4700-4800 rpm. Thrilled right now! I'm going to go home and sleep until May.