Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Custom paint your PQ ??? >

Custom paint your PQ ???

Notices

Custom paint your PQ ???

Old 08-12-2002, 10:24 AM
MATTT

Default Custom paint your PQ ???

Who has a PQ with a custom paint ? I mean your own paint design and not PQ. If you do, do you think that would devalue the boat ? If you have any pictures would be very nice.

Thank you for the info.

MATTT

Old 08-21-2002, 02:13 PM
New To Power

I am currently thinking of getting my new PQ ordered plain white so I can have custom graphics done afterwards. Send me a private e-mail and I will fill you in on some details regarding spider cracks.

NTP

Old 08-21-2002, 02:50 PM
Kentz

When I ordered my boat, I looked at having it painted locally. The deduct $ credit I would have received on my purchase would only have painted 1/2 of my boat. I obtained a "ballpark" number from a known "professional" fiberglass and paint man who has done a number of custom jobs in my area.

Has anyone ever asked PQ about a custom, one-off paint job? I have seen the new paint facilities @ the factory and they have some talented sprayers.

Old 08-21-2002, 04:19 PM
MATTT

New To Power,

PQ told me that they would do any custom paint for me, just give them the design and they can quote me on the price. Why would you have it painted all white and do another paint job over that. Wouldn't it mean you have to pay for painting the boat twice ?

Kentz,

You are the second person that ask me to send a private mail to discuss about spider-cracks on boats. Is there some thing I should know about posting info on this web ? The last time I check, we are still living in a Country of the free (USA). But for your request I'll send you one.

You guy has not answered my question. Do you think having your boat custom painted would devalue the boat ?

Thanks for the reply,

Mattt.

Old 08-21-2002, 04:24 PM
Kentz

The boat is "white" when its pulled from the mold. Gelcoat. I can't imagine a custom paint job devalueing(sp) a boat, unless it was a horrible design. I still like the 20+ yr. old Apache feathers, tomahawks, cheif heads, etc. But no Miami Vice

Old 08-21-2002, 04:32 PM
New To Power

The reason that I asked you to send a private e-mail is because I believe that PQ builds an excellent boat. Perception of problems with gelcoat can and does have a devastating impact on a companies sales. Yes, I have had spider crack issues. Yes, PQ has agreed to remedy the issue. Anyone who knows about gelcoat knows that it is very tempermental when it comes to application and thickness.

As to the paint issue, I was thinking of installing vinyl graphics on the white background. This allows me to change the "look" at any time.

No, I don't think it will devalue the boat. Powerquest boats have great lines and don't necessarily need all the flags and flames.

Last edited by New To Power; 08-21-2002 at 04:42 PM.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by MATTT
Who has a PQ with a custom paint ? I mean your own paint design and not PQ. If you do, do you think that would devalue the boat ? If you have any pictures would be very nice.

Thank you for the info.

MATTT
I'm bored and looking at the old posts and came across yours. I did have my 290 painted and never really thought about affecting the resale value. I didn't go crazy as my budget would not allow plus I think sometimes less is more. As you can see, a pretty simple layout but I am really happy with how it came out. Plus I HATED the original layout and colors.

Old 03-11-2023, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -

It is rather grateful for the help in this question, can, I too can help you something?