Adding Flat Screen to 380 Avenger >

Adding Flat Screen to 380 Avenger

Notices

Adding Flat Screen to 380 Avenger

Old 01-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Adding Flat Screen to 380 Avenger

I am getting ready to add a 24" flat screen to my 380 Avenger. Plan to mount about where the mirror is on the wall opposite the head. Thought about removing the mirror and upholstering a piece of plywood with mount attached to it and screwed back where the mirror was.

Question is, how thick is the wall forward of the head? I would like to use as long of a screw as possible. I assume it is 3/4". Has anyone else done this and how did you mount it?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My TV is mounted similar to what you're thinking of. The mirror is still in place and an upholstered piece of plywood with the TV mount installed beside it. This was already in place when I bought the boat.Sorry no pics.
P.S. the mirror screws are relatively long...judge by that.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought of this too. Wonder if the "TV" wire is over there? Is it 12v DC or 120v AC?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My TV is 12V...so was the DVD. Check with John K on the fb owners group...he replaced his DVD and TV too I think.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the 12 volt TV and bracket I installed in my boat. I also added a 12 volt DVD player too. I couldn’t be happier with the results. The Jensen has a awesome picture, and I can pull in a lot of free air channels in digital quality from the boats internal existing antenna. I also have a cable splitter and hook up so I can get cable tv at some marinas. I like the 12 volt feature because it works anytime. The Jensen suppose to be rated highly and designed for rugged humid environments. I will send install pictures when I find them.

http://www.sailsmarine.com/ItemDetail.aspx?c=57571

http://www.sailsmarine.com/ItemDetai...1912LED_JENSEN
Old 01-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Registered

I removed my original 12 volt 9" TV/VCR combo from the factory. I mounted the DVD player under the seat cushion and it works by remote control like the tv.
Attached Thumbnails Adding Flat Screen to 380 Avenger-tv-brkt-angle.jpg   Adding Flat Screen to 380 Avenger-dvd.jpg   Adding Flat Screen to 380 Avenger-dvd-2.jpg  

Adding Flat Screen to 380 Avenger-tv.jpg   Adding Flat Screen to 380 Avenger-tv-box-temp.jpg   Adding Flat Screen to 380 Avenger-tv-brkt.jpg  

Old 01-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Registered

Old factory 9" tv/vcr
Attached Thumbnails Adding Flat Screen to 380 Avenger-old-tv.jpg  
Old 01-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine was not originally equipped with a TV. I would like to attach it to the same location as the mirror, but want to know what the bulkhead is built from or more specifically, how thick. I would rather not go all the way through into the head, but that may be the most secure way to fasten.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cory H
Mine was not originally equipped with a TV. I would like to attach it to the same location as the mirror, but want to know what the bulkhead is built from or more specifically, how thick. I would rather not go all the way through into the head, but that may be the most secure way to fasten.
I never actually investigated what’s behind the mirror. I would think even if the fiberglass bathroom liner is thin you should be able to secure a tv mount or mounting plate with some high strength epoxy and fiberglass cloth if you didn’t want to thru bolt to the other side of the head. Those TV's are not real heavy, I think mine is about 8lbs.

Last edited by johnny b good; 01-11-2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great John!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.