need help engine guys

Notices

need help engine guys

Old 03-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help engine guys

I need some advice on my engine build. Anyone know there ass from a hole in the ground on this subject? Because I'm a painter and most definitely do not. Lol.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a great attribute to admit you don't know engines, most can't. Since you don't have the knowledge, take it to someone who does or it will cost your dearly in the end. Don't let one of your buddies talk you into letting them into it either, boating time is precious and summer is short.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What part of the build are you asking about?? What are ur goals? Not that i will be any help but people will want to know what direction youre looking to go
Old 03-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Registered

that makes 2 who don't know their ass from a whole in the ground. that's why i took the advice of prowrench and took it to someone who did know. it was great last year to have a full season that i spent every weekend running the boat instead of working on it. since i took it out last sunday and it fired right up after sitting through this long winter i'll have to call eddie and tell him thank you one more time.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by drforeman77
that makes 2 who don't know their ass from a whole in the ground. that's why i took the advice of prowrench and took it to someone who did know. it was great last year to have a full season that i spent every weekend running the boat instead of working on it. since i took it out last sunday and it fired right up after sitting through this long winter i'll have to call eddie and tell him thank you one more time.

Are you the guy with the 100mph pro charged 280 the Eddie built? If so you are the guy I wanted to get ahold of.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

And I don't plan on doing anything my self. I have an engine builder that does some mild marine and wild street stuff. He's asking me questions like what kind of can do I want? And if i am wanting to run more boost? What kind of compression would I like to have? So I need to talk to someone with a similar engine for a direction.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm doing a .030 over/509. Head studs metal head gaskets. A lil bigger cam. Not so big that I have reversion issues. More boost if I can do so on pump gas. Main Questions I have are... what is a good size camshaft for boosted engines that makes good power without reversion at idle..... what comp ratio pistons should I get?....how much boost can I then run on say a 8:1 srp piston......will I need bigger injectors with said amount of boost...... if so what kind/how big...... that should get me started in the right direction.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All American Outdrive Stage 3 or 4 and a 5 blade prop ... This is a must with that power and prop slip
Old 03-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ajfisher
All American Outdrive Stage 3 or 4 and a 5 blade prop ... This is a must with that power and prop slip
Already in the works fish. I've had a big 29 hydro 5 blade for 2 years now. Just beefing up the drive /steering now.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Registered

That's mine . I don't know how much I can help but I'll try . Like said , I'm a electrician and try to stick to that . I'm running stock injectors on low boost . I know he went with a lot of pulleys to get there . A custom cam with Brodix heads . If I can help any just let me know . Just hurry summer is not far

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.