Extension box on a Legend? >

Extension box on a Legend?

Notices

Extension box on a Legend?

Old 07-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extension box on a Legend?

I have a 257 Legend that I run mostly on Lake Michigan. Stock 330 as far as I know, 23 Mirage, runs 54mph at 4800. Over all, not a bad boat. But it rides pretty low in the water, and does not have a step as you know. I have noticed that when I start running the trim up once on plane, the boat responds nicely by picking up speed very well, right up until the point I start to slip the prop and back the trim back down just a bump until I hear it grab again. I have been watching TheBossBulstma, who has a 270 Laser twin SBC, and he is able to trim much higher thanks to having dual props pushing the PQ's fat ass. Because of this, he is able to get much more boat out of the water, and it rides much better. Now I know the 257 really is the fat girl of PQ, and maybe I am wasting my time, but assuming I found a good deal on a used extension box setup, does anyone think it will really help set this thing to sit back a bit more and get some more air under it?

Last edited by dwiddowmaker; 07-02-2014 at 12:39 PM.