Engine Accessibility >

Engine Accessibility

Notices

Engine Accessibility

Old 07-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Accessibility

Is there an easy way to remove the back seat engine compartment partition on my 29 Enticer? I am trying to figure a way to get at my raw water pump to change out the impeller on my starboard engine. There is absolutely no room to work. Both motors at only about 3 inches from this partition.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Loosen the belt. Take both hoses off and unbolt the housing off. Really not that bad. You will spend a lot more time taking apart the interior. Off/on and running again in under an hour.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by specialk
Loosen the belt. Take both hoses off and unbolt the housing off. Really not that bad. You will spend a lot more time taking apart the interior. Off/on and running again in under an hour.
Yes. That is the easy water pump located on the front of the engine. I am talking about the raw water pump located all the way to the bottom side of the engine that is right up against the other engine. Almost looks like you would have to remove both risers to get to this pump.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Registered

I think you're referring to the oil cooler. Unless you know a double jointed, 3 armed midget, you're gonna have to take the seatback out.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I passed on a 340 Viper before I bough my 380 Avenger due to lack of access for seapump maintenance. Typically change them annually around here due to the silty water on the Missouri River. Not sure about the 290, but my 380 backseat is attached to a bulkhead that is glassed to the hullsides, fortunately engine access is fairly decent.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AngerMgmt
I think you're referring to the oil cooler. Unless you know a double jointed, 3 armed midget, you're gonna have to take the seatback out.
No. The raw water pump that has the rubber impeller is located on the left bottom side of the engine looking at the front of the engine. Now if someone can chime in on how to remove the seat partition that would be great.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sorceress
No. The raw water pump that has the rubber impeller is located on the left bottom side of the engine looking at the front of the engine. Now if someone can chime in on how to remove the seat partition that would be great.

There should just be a few screws on each side to pull the backrest off and then you should be able to get to the water pumps. The screws are located in the engine compartment.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well...to remove the seat start taking all the bolts inside the engine compt that are bolted into the seat back. It still does not get you low enough to get to the impeller. I just replaced mine on the starboard motor on my 99 enticer with 7.4s. Pull the whole housing off then disassemble to take out impeller. To take the impeller out without removing the housing would be very tough. I did lay over the motor to gain access head first upside down. I can see how access would be challenging if you are looking at it while on the back seat.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by specialk
Well...to remove the seat start taking all the bolts inside the engine compt that are bolted into the seat back. It still does not get you low enough to get to the impeller. I just replaced mine on the starboard motor on my 99 enticer with 7.4s. Pull the whole housing off then disassemble to take out impeller. To take the impeller out without removing the housing would be very tough. I did lay over the motor to gain access head first upside down. I can see how access would be challenging if you are looking at it while on the back seat.
To make matters more time consuming is the fact that my battery shut off switch is also mounted to the back engine compartment partition.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Registered

Ok I love Pq and I'm looking at up grading to a 29 but the pain in the arse designs is what's killing me ...buddy's outlaw ,the whole seat and bench lift outta the way so YOU can service engine ...just freaking frustrating . It just makes you wonder wtf when you get seasoned guys building boats not look at this stuff..I do feel better now lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.