Another Cabin Door Thread - 237 Stryker >

Another Cabin Door Thread - 237 Stryker

Notices

Another Cabin Door Thread - 237 Stryker

Old 07-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Cabin Door Thread - 237 Stryker

I recently purchased a 1996 PQ 237 Stryker and have an issue with the sliding cabin door. The lower glide on the latch side has the threads blown out. I'd like to remove the door to get the lower glides out, but I can't seem to figure out how they got a hex wrench into the fiberglass channel to install/tighten the socket head cap screw that holds it on. There's no clearance.

It would also be nice to know who actually made this door. I've sent pictures to aluminum2000.com and they haven't seen this type of arrangement for rails/slides before. I'm not sure if it's because they haven't worked there long enough or something else. Dennis is very helpful, but kind of stuck.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Registered

jgaler,

I also have a 96 237 Stryker and have the same problem. I figured it out.
U need a 90 degree angle cordless drill attachment to get into the track. Open the door all the way and take off the top and bottom slide rails, slide the door shut and it will slide right out. My problem is my inside slide rail behind the dash pod is loose and i have to pull the whole pod to get to the track! ****! And the whole frame is screwed together from the bottom and top. Otherwise u could take it apart piece by piece.

Hope this helps cuz I sat and stared at mine for awhile thinkn the same damn thing.
John
Old 07-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Registered

JBravo,

Your top and bottom slide rails come off? I thought they were a continuous piece all the way down the rail - I couldn't see where they separate to come out. I was going to remove the gauge panel and unscrew the base rail at the bottom with a long screw driver as well as the screws in the doorway and see if the entire rail comes out with the door. Check out the pictures to see if we have the same setup if you get a chance.

thanks,

Jim