New to me and first real boat 290 Enticer FX >

New to me and first real boat 290 Enticer FX

Notices

New to me and first real boat 290 Enticer FX

Old 07-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me and first real boat 290 Enticer FX

Figured Id take a minute to get some input on my recent purchase.
1990 290 Enticer
454 Bravo 1s
Port engine replaced 20 or less hours ago.
I think I got a really good price on it.
This is my first big boat, everything else Ive had has been 18' 350 Alpha one and smaller.
I bought the boat out of Kenosha, but looks like it has a Kentucky tag on the trailer.
So far I have service sea water pumps, tune up, changed all fluids and filters.
New Warner Electric Hatch Actuator.
Leaving for the Mississippi for 4 days August 6th anything else I should check/service?

Jon

Old 07-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jon,

Congrats on the new ride, you will love the twins!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Check your hubs, wheel bearings, and tires before traveling. Do you know when the last time the trailer was serviced? Being broken down on the side of the road is no fun when you lose the bearings and destroy the hub.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice looking boat- I agree about the trailer -- I just replaced all 4 tires on mine -- had to- going down the road about a mile from our summer place a tire delaminated - what a mess. Also, being the anal retentive person I am - I noticed a little paint missing on the outdrives -- I had something very similar. Bought a Zinc primer out of Lowes and a can of spray paint from Mercury - lightly sanded the outdrive areas, put a couple light coats of primer on and about 10 very light coats of the Mercury Black -- It looks like it came out of the factory -- it looks like I knew what I was doing. I also added a outdrive shower - to keep things a little cooler. I have a Bravo III and I understand they get a little warmer than most- so far no chalk (white build up). Also I have the boat on our lift and after a hard run with the boat in the air the outdrive near the top is still a little warm - could only imagine what it would feel like without the shower. Also, I've been told that the 454 if run hard will use a little oil - I haven't experienced that yet - but just a heads up

Having had similar experiences with a smaller boat and a way smaller engine all I can say is at speed 60+ mph things move a little quicker and you go thru a lot of lake real-estate faster.

Safe Boating and all the best

3pointstar
Old 07-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Registered

I just went through the bearings last week, Ive seen enough trailers on the side of the road to know better. Trailer has one spare but Im thinking of picking up a second.

I also replaced both factory bilge pumps with new rule auto/manual units and added a third bilge pump as a backup that is only run off the internal float.

Since the pics I have painted the lower units.

My Drive Showers should be here today from KE Performance

I will be carrying a spare gallon of merc drive lube and 2 gallons of engine oil.

A few weeks ago I replaced both drives trim limit and trim senders and inspected/greased gimbal bearings and u-joints.

Last edited by JonCBrand; 07-24-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:11 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice boat Jon.

Where do you boat on the Mississippi? out of Lacrosse?

We are river rats
Old 07-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Registered

This year we will launch in cassville on thursday morning, stay in mcgregor, IA thursday night, Lacrosse Friday night, Trempelau Sat night.
Last year we went from Cassville to Redwing MN
Old 07-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

cool

We usually launch LAX and boat up to the St Croix river and back.

I saw on the news that the Mayfly's just hatched so careful of the buggers. Be safe. Enjoy the river
Old 07-24-2014, 06:16 PM
Registered

We will be at crater island with a few PQ's from the east side of the state Friday night that you are in LaCrosse, stop by would love to see the nice looking boat.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Drag that beast over to Michigan for the first Powerquest Fun Run on August 16th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.